Author Topic: Honey is driving us CRAZY!!  (Read 1185 times)

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
Honey is driving us CRAZY!!
« on: April 01, 2008, 10:16:14 PM »
Lately Honey is stealing anything and everything and then hiding it under the coffee table!!  ::)

She isn't chewing the things she's taking (kids toys, socks, gloves, cutlery) just taking them and then hiding them!!
She has also started taking biscuits out of my little one's hand and trying her hardest to get food from the dining table.

She has never done anyting like this before do you think its her age? (13 months)

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
Re: Honey is driving us CRAZY!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2008, 10:18:08 PM »
Is she due in season?
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Steelygirl

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2008, 10:18:25 PM »
Could it be a beginning of a season or has she been 'done'?  Just an uneducated guess! Hope someone is along shortly to offer some advice!

Offline *Lucy*

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2008, 10:32:09 PM »
She was spayed last month  :-\

My Girls - Molly & Honey

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2008, 10:47:18 PM »
She was spayed last month  :-\

Hmm, could be her hormones and metabolism are changing from the spay, it takes a while. Anything else different in your household that she could be responding to?

No real advice, except the obvious; keep things out of her reach. If she's not guarding them or chewing them then it is only just annoying. Maybe have her do a swap if you catch her on her way to her hiding place with something
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2008, 09:39:45 AM »

Must be something about the name - our Honey has recently started trying to get up to the Dining Table when we are eating, and desperately trying to scavenge from the kitchen... she's always been a bit of a thief for belongings (though there is a new "sneakiness" to this - previously she was purely opportunistic, if she happened to see something, she would pick it up - now she goes looking!!! - also she runs off with them to her "nest" in the corner of the Dining Room, rather than just running around with them!!).

I am starting to suspect that my Mum or Granda may have fed her something from the table when they were visiting recently - though I can't confirm this as my Mum is pretty ill at the minute, so don't want to cause any trouble!!  ;)

If you come up with any solutions, do let me know!!!

Come to think of it, our Honey was spayed around the same time as yours, so it could be hormonal.... it does sounds remarkably similar behaviour!!
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020