Author Topic: Ollie's Training Diary U/D 17/02/09  (Read 4688 times)

Offline Cocoa

• Site Member
Re: Great News about Ollie U/D 13/01/09
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2009, 12:07:01 PM »
Well done Laura and Ollie, you've both come such a long way since your initial posts.  You should be very proud of yourselves.  Ollie is such a lovely little boy and you have really persevered with his training.  I am sure he will get on very well in the showring when you start to do this and it sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun together.

Keep us posted.

Jackie X

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2009, 04:10:39 PM »
Well done both of you! I read your earlier posts and know what problems you had and how worried about various things you were. what a long way you have come in such a short time. So pleased for you....Liz

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2009, 04:23:09 PM »
You have both done so well. Looks like you have a brainbox there with little Ollie!

Offline Top Barks

• Site Member
    • http://www.topbarks.co.uk
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2009, 05:39:57 PM »
Awesome news, well done! :shades:

Mark Sanderson BSc Hons (canine behaviour), FdSc CBT, CAP 1, CAP 2
Member of The Association Of Pet Dog Trainers (00977)

Check out my website http://www.topbarks.co.uk/  www.yorkdogtrainer.co.uk

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2009, 05:49:45 PM »
Thanks guys. This class is so great, the trainer's so supportive and friendly, and the other people are fun too. Even though I'm the youngest one there, they are great. I usually expect them to ignore me or something cos I'm a teenager, but they were really friendly and we had a laugh too. :D

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2009, 06:15:04 PM »
I usually expect them to ignore me or something cos I'm a teenager, but they were really friendly and we had a laugh too. :D

Why should they?  I am sure they can see how devoted you are to your pup and how keen to learn - I am sure plenty of people could learn something from your perseverence no matter what their age!  :D  Well done both of you - hope you both enjoy the classes  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2009, 10:18:38 PM »
UPDATE: Ollie was amazing today. The trainer calls him a little star!!!  :luv: Firstly, we did some heelwork, and he was fantastic. Walked lovely beside me, and ignored other dogs when they went past. The trainer said that Ollie was a great improvement with his heelwork.  :lol2: I almost cried I was so happy with him.  :luv: :D We did flat stay, which again was amazing. Stayed for about a minute and a half, always watching me, even when the dog beside us was fidgeting and getting up and about.  :shades: :luv: It's improved our bond so much, and we are like best pals.  :luv:

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: Great News about Ollie U/D 20/01/09
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2009, 10:40:26 PM »

Sounds like he (and you) are doing absolutely brilliantly!!

:D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Smudgesmum

• Site Member
  • mum to Oliver,9 and Smudge,4
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34:15 AM »
Wow! Well done again.... think I'll be asking you for some tips soon    ;)

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 09:58:03 AM »
I can see a career coming along nicely here.
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline AnnieM

• Site Member
  • Jazmin
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 10:47:23 AM »
Well done to you and Ollie.    :luv:  Keep up the good work.  :D

**DALEMSTAR COCKERS**

Offline PennyB

« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 10:49:14 AM »
UPDATE: Ollie was amazing today. The trainer calls him a little star!!!  :luv: Firstly, we did some heelwork, and he was fantastic. Walked lovely beside me, and ignored other dogs when they went past. The trainer said that Ollie was a great improvement with his heelwork.  :lol2:

No doubt that's all down to you as well, well done --- just goes to show what a bit of patience and hard work does
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2009, 08:49:31 PM »
That's fantastic - I am sooo pleased for you thst things are going sooo well  :D

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2009, 08:53:03 PM »
It's improved our bond so much, and we are like best pals.  :luv:

Laura thats just brilliant im so pleased for you and Ollie! Its hard to believe what you went through in the beginning well done to you, you must feel so proud!
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2009, 10:25:25 PM »
UPDATE: Bit of a damper really, but not much. I understand we'll have a few off days. There were about 15-16 dogs there today, and he was just so over excited. We sat next to a snappy border collie, and a playful female GSD.  ::) I tried to keep Ollie as close to me as possible away from the BC, but the owner of the BC just let her wander, and let her snap at Ollie. Bit annoying!!!  >:D We tried to teach settle today, but that was hard due to the above info. So I gave up with that, and just let him be. When we were doing heelwork away from the dogs, he was great, really focused. :lol2: Did heelwork up and down, away from other dogs, down position by other dogs and ignoring them, and then recall from other dogs.  :D Again, had a bit of damper as we were doing "down stays" near the BC and GSD and he broke his stay after about 5 seconds, but did "down stay" away from the dogs, and he stayed for ages. He hardly sees any other dogs now apart from this class, as his doggy friend has a problem with her back legs and the owner won't do the operation to fix it, so he's not around other dogs regularly anymore.  :'( Only been in this class for 3 weeks but there's been about two new dogs joining every week, and some of the original dogs weren't here today. When are they going to stop, when there's 50?!?!?!?! I have to say though that it is organised and we do all get our fair share of training, but only about half of the whole lesson time are we doing something.