Author Topic: Are cockers a bit psychic ?  (Read 1830 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Are cockers a bit psychic ?
« on: January 31, 2009, 05:41:13 PM »
Do they have ESP?
 I think they might. When I think about taking them for a walk ( before Ive done anything obvious like change shoes etc..) Rolo will be already waiting by the door. When I'm typing about Liath as now she is sat staring at me from 2 feet away. she was sleeping a min ago. weird or coincidence? ( both these things happen all the time thats why I mention them.

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
Re: Are cockers a bit psychic ?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2009, 05:58:25 PM »

I thought at first it said are cockers psycho  :o which would have been about right  :lol2:
Mine do seem to have an in built clock as they always know when its dinner time  :005: and i work tuesday night from 6pm-midnight and OH say about 5 mins before i get home they both get up ...im sometimes home earlier than midnight but they still get up 5 mins before i arrive home  :-\

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2009, 06:33:47 PM »
 Most definitely,  ::) I'm positive Flo can read my mind. :-\

We don't have regular set times for walks etc.  :P

but as soon as I even start to think about going somewhere , she will be staring at me in anticipation and watching my every move.

If I think about the arrival of a visitor, she will go to the window, have a look and start barking  ::)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2009, 06:36:47 PM »
Gari would like to be psychic as long as I was always thinking about giving him biscuits! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2009, 07:00:08 PM »
oh yes, most definitely  :005: :luv:

Chloe knows everything thats gonna happen before I do! :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline t1gg3er

• Donator
  • Darby & Dexter
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2009, 04:13:10 PM »
I think they pick up on really subtle 'vibes' a lot better than we do.  Ours always know when we're about to take them out & like you say, it's before you start doing anything obvious.  They must pick up on small changes in body language etc...

The other night ours all started whining at 4.20am.  They never do this, they always sleep through til around 7am.  OH got up & went to let them out thinking that was what they wanted but he was barely half way down the stairs when I heard 'Mummy!' closely followed by the sound of wretching from DS (4) bedroom. 

I swear the dogs knew before it happened.  Probably they picked up on Alex starting to wriggle around before waking up & being sick.
Vanessa, Rob, Boys & Doglets
x

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2009, 06:20:19 PM »
I decided to test Gari this morning. He was lying sound asleep on the bed next to me, I'd been watching him sleep for about 10 minutes, I didn't move a muscle, but just thought "Gari, I'm getting up for some breakfast" - next thing, he opened his eyes, looked at me and got up! :o

I've just tried it again by thinking of making his dinner, again he has woken up and turned around to look at me! :D

I'll need to try it with other psychic thoughts other than food, but they might not work quite as well! :lol2:
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2009, 06:43:04 PM »
Hope nobody thinks I'm nuts  ph34r :005: but I've been communicating with Jewel this way and am amazed at how it works. She is 12 years old and deaf and blind, and I've only had her for 6 months so it's not like we have a lifetime bond so that she knows my cues and routines. And being deaf and blind, she obviously cannot see my body language or cues, so that is how I know it is working

What I do is visualize what I want, for example if I want to call her, I visualize her coming to me, and in a few moments she does  :o  It's really fascinating, and I've only just begun to explore it with my other dogs too.
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2009, 06:44:03 PM »
Not psychic enough to help me win the lottery :005: but they definately know whats coming just before I do it.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2009, 07:25:11 PM »
Hope nobody thinks I'm nuts  ph34r :005: but I've been communicating with Jewel this way and am amazed at how it works. She is 12 years old and deaf and blind, and I've only had her for 6 months so it's not like we have a lifetime bond so that she knows my cues and routines. And being deaf and blind, she obviously cannot see my body language or cues, so that is how I know it is working

What I do is visualize what I want, for example if I want to call her, I visualize her coming to me, and in a few moments she does  :o  It's really fascinating, and I've only just begun to explore it with my other dogs too.

Well if you're nuts so am I  :005:

I've been trying this out like RatsandDogs does. and it does work  ;)

Offline Biker3

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2009, 07:46:12 PM »
Mine always know what I am about to do before I do it - it can get a bit freaky 
They always seem to know when somebody is at the front door before the door bell even rings  :005:
The Irish Girls - Kaiya(Cocker), Trinity(Collie X) & Adria(Pointer X)

Offline t1gg3er

• Donator
  • Darby & Dexter
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2009, 08:54:13 PM »
Right, that's it.  There's obviously more to this than I thought.  I'm going to start practising & if I can get it to work with 4 of them maybe I could 'think' them all into not all doing the wall of death together at 10pm every night  ph34r
Vanessa, Rob, Boys & Doglets
x

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2009, 03:11:08 PM »
 :005: :005: :005: well perhaps one at a time would be better than nothing

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2009, 07:40:02 PM »
Right, that's it.  There's obviously more to this than I thought.  I'm going to start practising & if I can get it to work with 4 of them maybe I could 'think' them all into not all doing the wall of death together at 10pm every night  ph34r

It doesn't work all the time. It means that they can psychically ignore you too  ::) :lol2:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 03:53:17 PM »

It doesn't work all the time. It means that they can psychically ignore you too  ::) :lol2:
yep mine do that too. ::) ::) >:( :005: