Author Topic: digging holes  (Read 1774 times)

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
digging holes
« on: April 03, 2011, 05:26:55 PM »
HELP!  >:( Pepper is digging holes all over the garden...I think he is after insects. What do I do???

Offline Golden Sidney

Re: digging holes
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2011, 06:03:18 PM »
A couple of wagon loads of concrete should do the trick :005: :005: :005:

We just put down artificial grass as I couldn't take it any longer coming home and him covered in the mucky stuff >:D
Sid's mum x

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 08:21:52 AM »
Bless him he likes gardening >:D
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline ebony girl

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 10:07:49 AM »
when you work out how to stop the digging, let me know ;)......spent all last summer filling in holes, replanting seeds etc, OH got the lawn mower out yesterday and then refused to mow the lawn as he reckons its full of holes again.......done by MY dog!!!!....funny how shes my dog when shes naughty :005: :005:

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 09:48:06 PM »
I've not tried this myself (touch wood, no diggers right now) but I know others who swear by it: take some of their own poo and put it in the holes. Can't hurt to try  :dunno:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline lj66

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 09:56:10 PM »
Hi  :D

Roxy used to do this  >:D A tip I got that worked for me was to sprinkle cayen pepper in and around the hole,  I re turfed where she had been digging and she has never done it since, Roxy is neally 2 and the only time she digs now is when we go to the beach, The only problem I have now is the yellow rings all over the lawn !!!

yours lisa

Offline johndoran

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2011, 08:20:30 AM »
No help here I'm afraid,I just took the lawn up and replaced it with slabs. Two birds with one stone, no longer need a lawn mower :lol:
Bonnie Boo -A heartbeat at my feet

Offline Miadanu

• Donator
  • Merlin
    • COL Sussex Meetups Information Thread
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 09:34:17 AM »
We're trying to train Merlin out of digging holes in the lawn with reasonable success so far. We made a little sandpit for him and bury things for him to find so it is the most rewarding place in the garden to dig. Also made the garden a more interesting place to play by himself with toys dangling from the washing line that amuse him as he bats them about. Also hide food around so he has to use his nose to find things. He's much better than he was but not 100% yet. Worth a go maybe?

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
Thanks for all the advice...will try some of them out. :D

Offline minimoo

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 04:54:58 PM »
no advice except we are thinking of slabbing our lawn with 4 cockers, but your not alone, Bailey watched me planting some potatoes and 10 minutes later in he comes covered in mud and he had dug up the potatoes and my old girl kizzy was running round with a half chewed one in her mouth and shes nearly 14  ph34r >:(
Julie owned by Ella, and Bailey the mud monster and little Milo.   R.I.P Kizzy 19.04.97 - 16.06.11, the start of my love for the wiggly ones and Bruno my lovely brave boy

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
I posted the same problem with Alfie a year ago. He is a prolific digger- his bed, the floor, carpet, rug, settee, vinyl (inside) then concrete, tarmac, gravel, grass, soil, flower tubs, outside..... the list is endless!!  I have put chicken wire over all my tubs and taken to hanging baskets; I got him a sandpit (on COL's suggestion) and most effectively I use 'Keep off' crystals, which have a strong chemical smell, for places I particularly don't want him to dig which he doesn't like, but you  have to replace them frequently. They are cheaper from Pet Planet if you're ordering anything else from them anyway.