Author Topic: KC Photography comp  (Read 2454 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
KC Photography comp
« on: July 31, 2009, 11:35:42 AM »
anyone entering??.. theres a good few photographers on here!

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/376

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: KC Photography comp
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 11:36:34 AM »
if you're happy for the KC to 'own' the rights to the pictures and use them in any way they like, then it' a good one....
helen & jarvis x

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 11:49:15 AM »
if you're happy for the KC to 'own' the rights to the pictures and use them in any way they like, then it' a good one....

what harm can that do? and its to raise money for charity. ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 11:53:01 AM »
was just pointing that out as some people miss that point and get miffed when they see their photo's used without knowing they are being used  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 11:58:52 AM »
was just pointing that out as some people miss that point and get miffed when they see their photo's used without knowing they are being used  ;)
AH!!  :D
 I dont think Ill be entering ( Im too lazy!) but If anyone ever wants to borrow a pic of mine I wouldnt be bothered .. I know a few folk in the past have pmd me to ask if they can take them to use as desktops whatever..Id  obviously be more concerned if I was making a living out of it , Id put a copyright thingy across pics Id posted.
I think its aimed at amateurs tho and kids. a bit of fun. ;)

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 12:56:09 PM »

I've thought long and hard about this in previous years, and have always decided against entering because of this clause  :-\

My problem is that although I support some of the work the KC does, I don't agree with all of it, so would be very unhappy if a picture I had taken was used in material about an activity or campaign which I don't support  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 01:59:40 PM »
It's a bit of faff to enter, you have to send in prints or cds and they have to be individually labelled with loads of information and then put in unsealed envelopes with the same information and then put in a sealed envelope and so on... :005:

The photo that won the overall prize last year was a bit of a joke for such a 'big' competition and I think there was a bit of a fuss kicked up when it won.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 02:20:29 PM »
It's a bit of faff to enter, you have to send in prints or cds and they have to be individually labelled with loads of information and then put in unsealed envelopes with the same information and then put in a sealed envelope and so on... :005:

The photo that won the overall prize last year was a bit of a joke for such a 'big' competition and I think there was a bit of a fuss kicked up when it won.

Was that a photo of a puppy biting a bigger dogs tail? If so I thought I would have been miffed looking at the high standards of some of the other entrants.

Millie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2009, 02:30:33 PM »

Was that a photo of a puppy biting a bigger dogs tail? If so I thought I would have been miffed looking at the high standards of some of the other entrants.

Yeah, that was the one! I was pretty baffled when I saw it had won and a lot of people were pretty hacked off!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2009, 03:02:19 PM »
I was well chuffed when I saw a photo of Sophie and Zara used on the KC site! The photo didn't get anywhere in the comp but they've used in online and literature. If I get round to it, I'll see if I can dig out a pic or two to send in, see if I can compete with the placing Mum got last year!  :D

Offline fionad

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2009, 09:25:18 PM »
I thought last years winner was very good. It was well composed. The angle of the shot lead your eye up the lane. There was humour in the way the little puppy was holding on to the big dog. It really captured what the competition was all about.

I was a runner up in one of the categories and was really pleased. The kennel club asked my permission and I signed a contract with them so they could add my photo to their library. They share any royalties with me.(not that it has been used by anyone else so far) I was thrilled to see my photo  on the web site. For once I could boast about my achievement!

Ok so the prize was a bit naff but I had my two minutes of fame, and it was all in a good cause. I would do it again. Several of the winning photos were of non pedigree dogs which I thought was great too.

Have a go. What have you got to lose? :D

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2009, 09:42:42 PM »

Yeah, that was the one! I was pretty baffled when I saw it had won and a lot of people were pretty hacked off!

it was cute, but that's about all  ;)
helen & jarvis x