Author Topic: Digi Camcorder Recommendations  (Read 3647 times)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
Digi Camcorder Recommendations
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2005, 01:16:05 AM »
Right, Michele pointed me in the direction of a good deal on the Sony HC39E ( many thanks, Michele  ;)  ).  The one I was looking at originally was the HC32E.  The main differences are that the HC39 has a colour viewfinder as opposed to b/w on the HC32.  However, the HC32 has DV in/out and the HC39 only has DV out.  

Now :D , you probably all think I sound like I know what I'm talking about here - well I don't  :lol:   I haven't the foggiest idea what DV means whether it's in, out or both  :P  

BUT while trawling some of these techie sites in my mission to ensure that my loving family don't waste their hard earned cash on a piece of cr*p, I read that this DV in/out is one of the things to watch out for.  So, if any of you knowledgeable folk know what I'd be missing out on by not having the 'in' bit of this DV thingy, I'll be able to make my decision, shut up about this and put everyone out of their misery  :ph34r:

thanks

Shirley x
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2005, 11:45:53 AM »
Well I knew the HC39E didn't have DV in and from what I can gather, the DV in means you can edit the video and then transfer it back to the tape or something like that but i am not to sure :unsure:

I didn't know that the HC 39E had a colour viewfinder though :rolleyes:   well that's a bonus!!

Honestly, it's really like the blind leading the blind with us two and our camcorders isn't it :lol:
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2005, 02:55:57 PM »
mine's a JVC. Go for one with the highest OPTICAL zoom you can afford and pay no attention to the digital zoom, thats what they'll use to try and make you part with your money.
The digital zoom isnt worth looking at really.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2005, 06:08:16 PM »
mine's a JVC. Go for one with the highest OPTICAL zoom you can afford and pay no attention to the digital zoom, thats what they'll use to try and make you part with your money.
The digital zoom isnt worth looking at really.
[snapback]153482[/snapback]

Yep, that's also what I have been told by the man in Dixons :)

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2005, 06:37:46 PM »
Yeah, I was told about the zoom when I got my stills one a couple of years ago so assumed it was the same for the camcorder  ;)  :) .

Honestly, it's really like the blind leading the blind with us two and our camcorders isn't it  :lol:

Most definitely!!!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Now, for those of you who already have a digital camera - how often do you return video from the computer back to the camera with this DV thingy??  Is it something I'm going to miss?  Sorry, no more questions  :ph34r:

Just found THIS - the people in 'the know' seem to think it's a big thing  :mellow:

Offline kookie

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2005, 07:13:25 PM »
never have.
It must be for editing on your camcorder, but I do all mine on my pc, so never have.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline miche

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2005, 10:32:07 PM »
Got my new camcorder and it's fab.  Really easy to use and always sat by the side of the PC charged up on its little docking station :)
It's small too and fits in my dog walking coat pocket.

All I have taken video of though are dogs!!  Met up with another COL member and her dog a few days ago and got some video, just don't know if I can send it to her, so if anyone knows how to send video clips, let me know :P

I'm having a halloween party and will video it on Monday - there's no stopping me now!

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 08:24:38 PM »
Got my new camcorder and it's fab.  Really easy to use and always sat by the side of the PC charged up on its little docking station :)
It's small too and fits in my dog walking coat pocket.

All I have taken video of though are dogs!!  Met up with another COL member and her dog a few days ago and got some video, just don't know if I can send it to her, so if anyone knows how to send video clips, let me know :P

I'm having a halloween party and will video it on Monday - there's no stopping me now!
[snapback]155553[/snapback]

Fantastic Michele  :D .  I've got to wait another 2 weeks for mine  :angry:    I have a feeling that I'll be the same as you - hours and hours worth of doggy antics  :rolleyes:  :D

Sorry, don't know how you could send it other than by snail mail on a DVD  :rolleyes:

Shirley x