Author Topic: MSN?  (Read 859 times)

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
MSN?
« on: March 04, 2007, 10:21:23 PM »
My friends young daughter was on MSN the other night, someone started chatting to her (and her friend who was there visiting).

My friend Jan, wants to know if it is possible for her to check beack on the conversation, as she is furious Gemma "spoke" to someone she, ineffect didn't know.

I know sometimes there are logs but I don't enough to check to see the existance of one.

Can anyone help.

Jx

PS Think Gem got banned from MSN for a while.

Offline Cockerlove

• Site Member
Re: MSN?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 11:00:04 PM »
I believe you have to be signed on to do this but on the page where you see all the contacts there is 'File' at the top, click it and it will bring a drop-down menu, and at the bottom there is 'View message history' unless Gemma has been fiddling with the options you can check to see who she has been talking to and what has been said. But it isn't at the current time of the conversation, only afterwards.

To see if the option has been disabled, open a conversation with someone (not saying anything) and click on 'Tools' at the top, then options, and it will open a window and click on Messages and there is a tick box for 'Automatically keep a history of my conversations' so you can see. You can also choose to save the history in a selected document.

Bear in mind you have to be signed onto her account to do that.

Hope that helps.  :blink:
Ask not what your cocker can do for you, but ask what you can do for your cocker!!

Offline Miss Poohs

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:19:26 AM »
Thanks for that you're a star  :D

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 03:50:50 PM »
It depends on the settings. You don't have to be logged on. It can be set to automatically save a log of the messages ;)
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional