Author Topic: TP-Link wireless camera  (Read 2051 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
TP-Link wireless camera
« on: April 27, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
Ok, been trying for a few days now and getting no where, so before I go to last resort with a big hammer and smash it to pieces does anybody know how to set up a TP-Link pan/tilt wireless surveillance camera model number: TL-SC4171G  have googled it, have even spoke to TP-Link directly and they couldn't help either which is great as it's one of their products.  Its connected via our wireless modem with an RJ45 cable, once set up you should be able to unplug it and it works wirelessly.......sounds simple hey!!  >:D >:D

Offline JohnMcL7

Re: TP-Link wireless camera
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 09:48:22 PM »
How far you are getting exactly?  What wireless router do have and what wireless security mode is enabled?

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 10:09:36 PM »
Ok, we're on Virginmedia wireless modem,   yesterday we connected the RJ45 cable to the modem and to the camera, the ip Surveillance software found the camera, we clicked the 'link to IE' went through the settings as per the booklet, unplugged the RJ45 and now we're not getting a picture, nor can the ip software find the camera.  We've tried plugging the RJ45 cable back in, but the light is staying red/blue rather than blue and we can't get back online to the settings to check everything is set up ok.

I think we need to start from scratch again, but haven't a clue how to, we seem to be stuck at this point.

It's a Virgin Super Hub  Wireless N Netgear Push n Connect, anything other than that I'm lost....lol.  Tell me where to look and I'll let you know.

Offline Robbie34

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2012, 10:33:14 PM »
I have a Virgin Media superhub, and your wireless camera will probably need the password for the superhub to work wirelessly.  It will work with an ethernet cable plugged into the back of the shub, but not wirelessly, I assume. 

Is there anywhere in the set up menu to input the password?  This is found on the back of the shub and consists of a series of letters, not the numerical password.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2012, 10:37:13 PM »
Yes, we filled all of that in yesterday, using the password from the Superhub, it's now not working with the RJ45 either so haven't a clue what has gone wrong.

I feel like we need to go back to the beginning and start again, but now can't get the computer to recognise the camera either with or without the RJ45, and I can't get back online to the set up page to check all the settings.

That hammer is definitely getting closer  :005:

Offline JohnMcL7

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2012, 11:14:24 PM »
I've been trying to read through the documentation on this camera but the only material I've found is pretty useless and doesn't seem to go into much detail.  Have you had a look to see if there's any reset button or a reset hole (to put a paperclip end in) that will allow you to reset and start again?  It sounds like you've done everything correctly.

John

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2012, 11:19:25 PM »
Yes we did the reset and it's started back up exactly how it was before, most annoying and not exactly cheap if I end up with a product I can't use  >:(

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2012, 05:28:00 PM »
Still no luck, I wonder if the company will let me return it, especially as the company that makes it haven't a clue how to set it up either, think I might email and ask, it will be worth a try at least.

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 07:59:42 PM »
I forgot to update, seems the first camera I had was faulty, the next one installed very quickly and easily!