Author Topic: IPad help needed  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
IPad help needed
« on: August 20, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
I have photobucket on my iPad and an app which I access it through, however, when I go to the page it won't load the album. I have gone on to Photobucket proper without the app on the web and the album is still there. Any ideas? Maybe once every 30 or so times of asking will it load.  Getting soooo fed up now!
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Tiger

Re: IPad help needed
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 11:12:51 AM »
Have you got the latest version. (about and it should be 1.2.1)  The old one always crashed.  Just go into your app store and see if there's an update.

I didn't find the app very good and went back to using my Flickr account.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 11:20:05 AM »
I downloaded the latest version yesterday and still no joy. I agree, it's not very good! ph34r

Offline jaybee

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 01:07:37 PM »
On the app for my iphone i click my albums at the bottom, and then there is like a circular arrow button at the top of the screen. If you click that it refreshes the album, might be worth a go?

When you downloaded it did you use the same email address/details as you do on the PC? Silly question, and you probably did, but when i first got it i entered a different email address and it took me ages to work out why i was looking at a blank album  ph34r

"No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich."

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 01:19:10 PM »
I've encountered the same problem with the iPad, so I just upload any photos to Photobucket from my laptop. I think it migt work if you use Flikr as your image host. Not sure though.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
I was having problems with it last night, I have only just learnt how to do it and have a fools guide written out for me by my son, problem is I'm not clever enough to change to Flicker - so will just have to be patient.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2012, 02:58:55 PM »
That's weird, I find this app brilliant. I use it all the time when uploading pictures. I have it set to photos rather than albums though (I only have one album and everything goes there!) Once I have uploaded a picture, I just tap on my albums. At the top there are two buttons "photos" or "albums". Mine goes to photos automatically but maybe yours doesn't. Worth a try, it's all I can think of sorry. I do always have to hit the refresh button when I have added a new pic - always works though.  :huh: You could also go into settings and make sure the default album is the one you are expecting.

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2012, 04:40:56 PM »
That's weird, I find this app brilliant. I use it all the time when uploading pictures. I have it set to photos rather than albums though (I only have one album and everything goes there!) Once I have uploaded a picture, I just tap on my albums. At the top there are two buttons "photos" or "albums". Mine goes to photos automatically but maybe yours doesn't. Worth a try, it's all I can think of sorry. I do always have to hit the refresh button when I have added a new pic - always works though.  :huh: You could also go into settings and make sure the default album is the one you are expecting.

But are you using an iPad, Emma? I dind it's only on the iPad that there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2012, 05:31:23 PM »

But are you using an iPad, Emma? I dind it's only on the iPad that there doesn't seem to be a way of doing it.

Yes I use iPad every time. I have the iPad 2 though so if you have iPad 3 maybe that's the problem. Such a shame if they haven't sorted out a bug fix because it's actually a really good app.  >:(

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »
Okay, mine's an iPad 2, so I need to download the Photbucket app do I? I've always gone to photobucket via Safari.
ETA Just downloaded the app. Duh! Thank you Emma, that's solved a mystery.  :embarassed:

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »
Okay, mine's an iPad 2, so I need to download the Photbucket app do I? I've always gone to photobucket via Safari.
ETA Just downloaded the app. Duh! Thank you Emma, that's solved a mystery.  :embarassed:

Hooray! Glad to have helped. One down, now let's hope someone comes along who can help Sheryl out too.  :D

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 07:14:32 PM »
Ive got iPad 2, the app and I am still not able to access it. I can get on via Google and the web but not through the app. Problem is all my pics are in my album on here and I cannot figure out how to move them over to Photobucket on the web......if that makes sense!?

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 07:42:22 PM »
Hmmm. So I think you are saying you want to upload photos stored on your ipad into your photobucket album? Not sure I will be any help but just in case, this is what I do to upload a pic from the iPad onto photo bucket. Sorry if you know all this already  :shades:

Open photo bucket app and click on the tab that says upload media. Click on choose existing. This should automatically open the photos that are stored on your iPad. Click on any that you want to upload to photo bucket and then click upload. (Top of screen, in the middle)
When it says it has uploaded click on albums. At this point your photo bucket album will open and this is when I always have to click the refresh button (sort of circular arrow) to make the newly uploaded photos appear. Once the photos are there you just tap on the photo you want and then hit the little i to bring up the codes for copying.
Really hope someone who knows more than me can come along to help you properly!   ;)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2012, 08:22:43 PM »
I don't have an upload media tab! How bizarre :-\

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2012, 08:51:53 PM »
Now that is odd!  :blink: Are you logged in? Maybe try logging out and then in again. Here's what my opening page looks like so you can see where the tab should be:

It's my mission to get this working for you!!