Author Topic: Crufts 2006 - Cocker Spaniel results  (Read 15551 times)

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Re: Crufts 2006 - Cocker Spaniel results
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2006, 05:30:45 PM »
What an exciting crufts it was! Well done everyone!
Soooo very pleased that Harvey's daddy (Jasper) :luv: went out on a high - massive well done 2 him!!!
I was ever so proud of Becki, after walking Bridget I left her in becki's hands to take Dixie in and I was ever so proud watching from the nxt ring, and of course ever so proud in the handling final!!!
Have to say I was cheering for Melanie and Rodney back at home - what a dog and what an achievement (all ever so happy at work this morning) I know very well how much their dogs mean to them and totally deserve their success! As for Harvey, he never really lets me down - I’ll always be proud! The judge had already given him a 1st last time she judged I was just pleased that she still liked him.
It was very nice to see everyone again!
Nik x

Offline EmC

• Site Member
« Reply #76 on: March 13, 2006, 05:49:29 PM »

Congratulations to you all!

It was my first time as a spectator at crufts and we had a fabulous time.  So many beautiful cockers I couldn't have picked a winner they were all so stunning.
We will definatley be back next year.

Emma

Offline Abby

• Site Member
    • Pub Dog Days
« Reply #77 on: March 13, 2006, 05:52:54 PM »
Just read this thread and saw that Clive's grandad got reserve in the Veteran's class! Very exciting (wish Clive understood but he wasn't even interested in watching the fun on TV...). The dog was Squiretime Explorer.#

Congratulations to everyone who had success and took part.
Abby, Clive n Dylan

Offline Rachel B

• Site Member
  • Look at me!!!!
« Reply #78 on: March 13, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »
Congratulations to everyone!!

We had a great day there yesterday - i parked myself watching the cockers while OH went to look at other stuff!!!  We did loads of shopping :)  Barney has a lot of nice new stuff to rip apart ;)

I did see a lot of people from COL but i was too shy to go up to most - well done to flossysmum - charlie looked beautiful - i am very partial to blue roan and tans ;)

Rachel x

Rachel & James and a waggly tail from Mr Barningham

Offline Colin

• Administrator
  • Stevie
    • Jimmy Misty & Stevie Videos
« Reply #79 on: March 13, 2006, 06:15:40 PM »
Just read this thread and saw that Clive's grandad got reserve in the Veteran's class! Very exciting (wish Clive understood but he wasn't even interested in watching the fun on TV...). The dog was Squiretime Explorer.#

Ooh, a new COL relative for Misty - Squiretime Explorer/Harry is her Grandad too.  :blink:

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
« Reply #80 on: March 13, 2006, 06:22:27 PM »
Congratulations to everyone!!

We had a great day there yesterday - i parked myself watching the cockers while OH went to look at other stuff!!!  We did loads of shopping :)  Barney has a lot of nice new stuff to rip apart ;)

I did see a lot of people from COL but i was too shy to go up to most - well done to flossysmum - charlie looked beautiful - i am very partial to blue roan and tans ;)

Rachel x

Glad you enjoyed yourself!! You caught me camped out at the cocker show rings with Mich!! After you left we went to watch Wills in the dog ring and he got placed HORRAH!!!

Offline lindsey

• Site Member
    • Soroden Cockers
« Reply #81 on: March 13, 2006, 07:43:03 PM »
We had a good day too :D

Harry was very well behaved in his class, but didn't get placed.

Rosie got a second in Veteran which I was very very pleased with :D

Harrys dad, also Harry got 1st in post grad dog :D  We were so pleased.
Lindsey, Sophie, Rosie, Molly, Gypsy, Aimee, Harry and Ellie

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #82 on: March 13, 2006, 07:53:10 PM »
Congratulations to everyone who was placed and also those who even took part - it must be a great feeling even to qualify  :D

Sounds like you all had a great time, competitors and spectators alike - so disappointed not to have travelled down to watch......again!  :-\

Well Done All!!!!! ;)

From Shirley, Morgan and Cooper x
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys

Offline Geordie Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #83 on: March 13, 2006, 08:31:59 PM »
Congratulations everyone!

It sounds as if you all had a fab time, both showing and spectating!  I watched it on tv this year but am definately thinking about going down next year, it sounds really great fun!

Lucy and Alfie

Offline loppylugs

• Site Member
« Reply #84 on: March 13, 2006, 09:05:26 PM »
what mean VHC? :huh:
vhc means- very highly commended

well done to all who got placed :D
well done to classic gold,wonderfull dog,and my Paddys grandad :blink: :blink: :blink:

you havent lived till you,ve owned a cocker

Offline isla

• Site Member
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2006, 07:45:26 AM »
Congratulations to everyone.

I got back late last night and had a great weekend. I dragged Mum round a lot of the bench numbers but no one was there! I think she thought I was making COL up!! I did catch Jem's breeder and groomer though.

Parked ourselves at the bitch ring for most of the afternoon and cheered on Jem's Mum who got second in the limit class. Loved BIS the atmosphere was fantastic.

Had a great time and managed to spend a ridiculous amount of money!

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2006, 07:09:19 PM »
I dragged Mum round a lot of the bench numbers but no one was there! I think she thought I was making COL up!!

Yes, I did this OH and I think he thought the same!!

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2006, 09:46:21 PM »
Just thought i'd forward this link...http://www.moj-album.com/vstopnica/id8cafmnae/

Edited to add...hope it is ok to post this (as the photographer's OH is also a member of the forum) just thought it would be nice for those who couldn't attend, and the fact there are a quite a number of COL dogs on there - hope it’s all ok (if not, mod's I’m sure you'll remove it ;)
Nikki x

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #88 on: March 15, 2006, 06:28:44 AM »
Great link, Nikki, thank you :)

I was interested to see colour of the placed dogs - one or two B & W, but mainly Blue Roan, Solid Black and Red/Gold (I can never tell the difference  ph34r)........does it vary from year to year, or do the same colours usually dominate?
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: March 15, 2006, 09:25:57 AM »
I was interested to see colour of the placed dogs - one or two B & W, but mainly Blue Roan, Solid Black and Red/Gold (I can never tell the difference  ph34r)........does it vary from year to year, or do the same colours usually dominate?

It's inevitable that the colours which are numerically more popular will appear to dominate at any show (not just Crufts) purely because there are so many more of them than the minority colours. That's not to say that other colours don't win - we've won several classes at Crufts with our orange/white girl & it wasn't that long ago that an orange/white bitch won the Gundog Group at Crufts (Lynwater Dawn Shimmer).

Jane
Jane