Author Topic: Blackpool show  (Read 1897 times)

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Blackpool show
« on: May 20, 2004, 01:45:40 PM »
One question?

This is causing arguments in our house? Would we be able to take Billy and Abby(she will be about 12wks) to the show not for competion it's just that we all want to go but can't leave Abby on her own for to long? We understand that we would have to carry her?

Not really sure what the rules are regarding dogs that are not entered?

Michelle                    

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Blackpool show
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 02:29:07 PM »
Well...under kennel club rules n regs you cannot :(
A puppy is not eligible for entry if it’s under 6 months of age.
Michelle - did you get your pup from Joan?
I’m sure Jane will fill you in on the details!  :wink:
HTH
Nic x

P.s. you could always get a dog sitter!                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Blackpool show
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 03:05:38 PM »
Well...under kennel club rules n regs you cannot :(  
A puppy is not eligible for entry if it’s under 6 months of age.
Michelle - did you get your pup from Joan?
I’m sure Jane will fill you in on the details!  :wink:
HTH  
Nic x  

P.s. you could always get a dog sitter!

Nikki,

Thanks for that I didn't think we could, it looks like we will have to draw straws :roll:

We didn't get the puppy direct from Joan but her Harry (not sure what his show name is?) is our pups dad :lol: who is also Paris and Sonnys dad :D

Michelle                    

Offline *-Nikki-*

• Site Member
    • www.nicibec-cockers.moonfruit.com
Blackpool show
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 03:13:06 PM »
O yea Joan’s Jimmision Noel at Glenntree :D
Gdgd! Harry is a very nice boy!  :D

Nic x

P.s. If you need any info on Blackpool Champ show...Melanie's new site is looking good its -  http://www.blackpooldogshow.plus.com                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Blackpool show
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2004, 03:29:11 PM »
O yea Joan’s Jimmision Noel at Glenntree :D  
Gdgd! Harry is a very nice boy!  :D

Nic x  

P.s. If you need any info on Blackpool Champ show...Melanie's new site is looking good its - http://www.blackpooldogshow.plus.com

Nic,

He is lovely, we just have to wait 3 long weeks before we can bring her home :)

Michelle                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
Blackpool show
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2004, 03:29:16 PM »
The general rule is that only dogs that are entered for show or registered as not for competition can go. Some shows provide facilities for non entered dogs to be left in RSPCA facilities at the gate - they wouldn't take such a young pup.

At less formal open shows you can often get in with a dog not entered - but would not be wise to take such a young pup - imho. Champ shows are often much more formal with dogs being checked in and out again.

tbh - unless you are showing - its usually best for dogs to be left at home anyway, especially if it is a big show and you want to stay a long time. Big shows can get very very busy, and hot!!. Again - just my opinion.

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Blackpool show
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2004, 03:33:09 PM »
The general rule is that only dogs that are entered for show or registered as not for competition can go. Some shows provide facilities for non entered dogs to be left in RSPCA facilities at the gate - they wouldn't take such a young pup.

At less formal open shows you can often get in with a dog not entered - but would not be wise to take such a young pup - imho. Champ shows are often much more formal with dogs being checked in and out again.

tbh - unless you are showing - its usually best for dogs to be left at home anyway, especially if it is a big show and you want to stay a long time. Big shows can get very very busy, and hot!!. Again - just my opinion.

hth

Thanks Pammy didn't really think it was an option but I had to ask otherwise David would have a strop, I might have to call on my neighbour to dog sit.  :wink:  

Michelle                    

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
Blackpool show
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2004, 10:24:35 PM »

hth

Thanks Pammy didn't really think it was an option but I had to ask otherwise David would have a strop, I might have to call on my neighbour to dog sit.  :wink:  

Michelle

Or me :wink:                    

Offline TOPAZ BILLY

• Site Member
  • De Girls!
Blackpool show
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 01:00:10 PM »

Or me :wink:[/quote]

Emma be careful what you say in jest :lol: I could well take you up on the offer, it would give you a chance to see what it is like living with 3 cockers :shock:  :shock:                    

Offline Pipers Mummy

• Site Member
Blackpool show
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2004, 09:54:53 PM »
Or me.......... Maybe we could share Emma!!!  

Makes me giddy even thinking about it!  Strange to think that when Piper was wee there were a couple of occasions when I found myself in floods of tears from ripped apart hands and lack of sleep and now I'd love to have another baby in the house  :roll:   Weird!                    
Cocker Kisses from Louise & Piper xxx