Author Topic: Hi All sad time...  (Read 1249 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Hi All sad time...
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2024, 11:00:27 PM »
Harry has had his special hug and in return he saids a very special cocker waggle to you

Take care
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline phoenix

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2024, 06:33:40 PM »
I’ve just read all these messages and have tears down my cheeks.
My Bobby died suddenly aged eight ,the most difficult dog I’ve ever had. As you’ve said, the more effort and love you have for a dog the more the pain when you part. I’ve lost people, but never  felt anything like I did for my gorgeous black cocker. 
You are not alone . 

RIP Marti  the EPI springer age 12,  and beloved black cocker Bobby, 8 yrs old, too soon, from PLN.
Now owned by TInker, tiny hairy grey poodle/terrier rescue from Greece and Jack, local rescue,   scruffy ginger terrier mutt.

Offline Gentle soul

« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2024, 11:41:46 AM »
Thanks jaysmumagaim.

Phoenix, spot on. I have lost humans, and yes it hurt, but none of them compared to losing Chester. Perhaps there is something wrong with us, to feel the loss of a dog more than the loss of a human ? Having asked myself the same question, No, nothing wrong with us at all. A dog is our best friend, a family member, a part of our family life in every imaginable way, filling our homes with unconditional love, companionship, the glue that holds us together, the love and support in good and bad times, and losing all of that and much much more is excruciatingly painful, a numbing overwhelming loss that you never quite recover from. Dogs are so so special and to be truthful, other than my wife and daughter, I would take a cocker over most humans.

However, sanity is another question entirely, to actually miss laying in bed in the dark with chesters head on my pillow next to me, snoring in my ear, hot breath, and dribbling on my pillow is probably borderline lolol...... the unaccompanied visits to the bathroom, socks in same place you left them, slippers dry, toilet rolls intact, the lack of the thud on the window as Chester launched at a cat outside making you jump, food mysteriously evaporating into thin air, the careful rearranging of your sofa covers into a satisfactory heap on which to lay, the head in the shopping bag resulting in a 4 legged carrot leaving the kitchen, the objection and accompanying glare when you dared to eat fish (he deemed all fish to be his), all of these, strangely, I long for and miss with an ache in my very soul, so perhaps on balance, we dog owners are not in any way ...normal.  Very glad to be ..not normal!