Author Topic: KC names  (Read 27657 times)

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
Re: KC names
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2009, 04:23:18 PM »
In my case, the breeder used the name I gave the dog and made it part of the KC name. Hence Jesse's KC name is Weiambea Jesse James, and it really suits him.

All the working KC names I have chosen myself:

Dylan is Binfield's Speeding Lad and Flash is My Flash of Lightning.

Vera
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2009, 06:41:07 PM »
Chloe is Cassie of Clubland  :D Her breeder was a very young gamekeeper, and a first time breeder. I think it suits her, and speaks volumes about the guy  :D

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
« Reply #47 on: December 09, 2009, 08:45:43 PM »
We have Honeysmoke Lord Baja Chicken Taco, and Honeysmoke Sir Guacamole, I think Mole got off lightly  :005:

That made me cough up red wine over my jumper last night! :005: :005: Those names are brillliant!
I'm loving Barnolf Captain of cool and Cocobean Sugarpuff!!! Brilliant!!

I did originally want a girl amd I was giong to cal her Summervilles Tina Turner, however we ended up with a boy so that converstation with Harvey's breeder never had to materialize!  :005: :005:

Harvey's is Summervilles Felyn Bachgen. I did want it to translate to golden boy, but it was too long and I was getting too stressed with it all so settled with 'yellow boy'  ph34r Considering he is now a nice shade of ginger his name is meaningless now! ::)

My next dog wil be Summervilles Nacho Libra  ;)

If we ever had a third we he would be Nacho too  :blink:

Offline steve rowe

« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2009, 09:20:18 PM »
I choose Yetholm gadje for my cocker dougal

Offline louisedi

« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2009, 11:41:23 AM »
MY kennel name is Harbethol, it was named after my grandparents Harbo & Ethel, all my dogs are Harbethol Look.

Look WHAT UMISSED
LOOK OF N ANGEL
LOOK MS APRIL SUN
LOOK MR ZAFFRE SUN

lOUISE & HARBETHOL GANG

Offline LouiseH

• Site Member
  • Lourisma Moon Quest
    • Lourisma Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »
Cleo is "Danton Cleo" as I preferred it to the other name which was "Danton Delusion" (there were 2 blue bitches for me to choose from). I think the other one would have been more appropriate though  :005:

Jenna is "Lynwater Crescent Moon" she came with that name and her Mum is "Lynwater Moon Halo" so some sort of theme going on there, not sure about siblings as she came to us quite by accident  :luv:
Louise Harrison
Lourisma Cocker Spaniels

Offline karenann

« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2009, 02:48:12 PM »
Hi LouiseH Nice to have another Cleo :luv:

Offline Carol09

« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2009, 02:53:22 PM »
Jays proper KC name is  - J****** Radford View - The Kennels had their affix and "view" and sandwiched our family name in the middle.  I am glad I couldn't choose cause I would have been rubbish at picking a posh name. :005:

Offline mcphee

« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »
Rufus is Kenmilfore Wintermoon. It would be apt, but he hates the dark, so we rarely see the moon together.

Offline Mel

• Donator
  • Owned and chomped by Taliesin the Bard.
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2009, 07:37:24 PM »
Keli is Kelynen Mr Bojangles.
Kelynen Mister Bojangles 17th March 1997 - 29th January 2010

”Come on Stink-woo, time for bubbyes. End of days now my poppety.”

Free Cake!

Offline merrysmum

• Site Member
  • Merry has a hoard of stolen treasure in his bed!
« Reply #55 on: December 14, 2009, 10:24:08 PM »
Merry is Bartonian Master Piece which I think is great because I'm always telling him he's a piece of work  ;)

I also think he's beautiful so his name really suits him  :luv:

He was already registered when we chose him but not sure what I would have come up with so am glad we ended up with something nice.
Emma and Merry the Pirate x

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2009, 11:33:31 PM »
Molly is Black Aphrodite which we just love  :luv: tho it isn't odd at all so really I have a cheek joining this thread  :lol2:
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline casstevens

« Reply #57 on: December 14, 2009, 11:42:25 PM »
Hi

I recently registered my affix 'Casagren'.  This is a combination of our names (Carol and Grenville) which just seemed the right thing for us.  You can use anything that suits you so long as it hasn't already been registered.   Basically, you register your interest in a name (always worthwhile having a couple at least of alternatives).  KC will approve if there are no obvious reasons not to, then you wait until your chosen name comes out in KC Gazette so everyone gets 4 weeks to object.  No objections = your affix !!  Simple as that really.

Good luck!

Carol Stevens
Casagren Goldens and Cockers ;)
Carol Stevens

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2009, 08:20:38 AM »
Hi

I recently registered my affix 'Casagren'.  This is a combination of our names (Carol and Grenville) which just seemed the right thing for us.  You can use anything that suits you so long as it hasn't already been registered.   Basically, you register your interest in a name (always worthwhile having a couple at least of alternatives).  KC will approve if there are no obvious reasons not to, then you wait until your chosen name comes out in KC Gazette so everyone gets 4 weeks to object.  No objections = your affix !!  Simple as that really.

Good luck!

Carol Stevens
Casagren Goldens and Cockers ;)

Plus a fee and a renewal fee every year
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk

Offline Marialh

« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2009, 09:42:42 AM »
Bracken's isn't anywhere near as interesting as a lot of your guys and girls - Minterburn Red Bracken - but he's our first pedigree ever and our first experience with the fact that you could actually choose his KC name! So I got extraordinarily excited when his papers came with the name we had chosen on it  :005: