Author Topic: Insurance  (Read 5528 times)

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
Re: Insurance
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2006, 10:21:53 AM »
its not nice to have to make the decision as to whether or not to have them done when your dog is sick/injured and your vet is asking you about them :(
My vet doesn't ask about them routinely
Let me be cynical then Penny. Do you think that is a money spinner?

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2006, 10:51:40 AM »
its not nice to have to make the decision as to whether or not to have them done when your dog is sick/injured and your vet is asking you about them :(

I'm sure it is to an extent - but if even one dog in 100 is discovered to have abnormal results and can be treated as a result, then to me, its worth it  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2006, 10:59:52 AM »
I'm sure it is to an extent - but if even one dog in 100 is discovered to have abnormal results and can be treated as a result, then to me, its worth it  ;)
Hi Rachel. I wasn't suggesting you shouldn't have them done.  :D I have not had the need to take my dogs to the vet's yet so just wondered if these tests were routinely done or just at some practices.  :-\ 

Offline LoveCatz

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2006, 11:42:56 AM »
We took out an insurance with Healthy Pets a month before Pepsi started having trouble with her mouth (lip folds). We pay just over £11 a month for the two dogs. Our vet put in our claim for ALL the treatment Pepsi had had, medication, lotion, ointment etc and I was pleasantly surprised when they paid the lot minus the excess. I do agree they are not the best but you need to weigh up what you can afford, the likelyhood of needing it (we all hope we won't) and if you could afford what it doesn't cover. You can always change insurers when you can afford something better.

Offline Brimbeck(Dyllan)

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2006, 12:59:47 PM »
Thanks  for all your help
Sarah Dyllan Tyke and Lance

www.brimbeck.co.uk