Author Topic: everything seems ok .........  (Read 822 times)

Offline gingermart

• Site Member
everything seems ok .........
« on: June 01, 2004, 06:29:58 PM »
Rufus is going to his second training session tonight and he is so good with all the other puppies even the one that tower's over him like the doberman that sits next to him :lol:
Rufus is now thirteen weeks and seems quite content with most things in life.
  The only thing that concerns us at the moment is that he seems to be getting abit fed up with is Eukanuba,could we start to mix this with some raw mince beef,keeping the amount of Eukanuba the same.He is also fed 2 scrambled eggs at tea time.
      His general health seems very good and he is very active (we give him 3 twenty minute walks a day)
   thanks for any advice                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2004, 06:07:25 PM »
It could be the warm weather affecting his appetite.  I personally think that 2 scrambled eggs per day is too many.  There is no problem with adding things to the dried food but be careful that you don't end up making him too fussy - cockers are crafty and if they think there is a chance of getting something more tasty in their food bowl they will end up only eating the dried when you've added something else to it.  Just make any changes gradually.
Hope he enjoyed his training class.                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!

Offline lorri

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2004, 09:42:20 AM »
Fortunatley our Jarvis doesnt have a fussy bone in his body and i did put a little mix of mince or chicken in with his eukanuba but after chatting to my vet he said there was nothing wrong with dried food on it's own and i could just be causing problems for myself  by adding things.i.e making him into a fussy eater. I've just recently changed Jarvis on to Burns which he loves.

Lorraine
xx                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2004, 11:35:43 AM »
We went through all the faddy eating with Brogan and started putting extras in too tempt him - big mistake for us!  If it wasn't too his liking he would hold out for something better.  We changed him to naturediet at about 5 months which he ate  - although this was combined with us toughening up big style!!  We meant business.  Now we put his bowl down for 20 minutes and then it is whipped away - nothing then until the next meal.

Brogan seems to have lost his appetite as well right now - is missing his first meal everyday at the moment.  Not too worried as he isn't losing weight yet.  Maybe it is the warmer weather - he cried in his crate last night - thinking he needed the loo - I let him outside - he went and flopped on the pavement and went to sleep :evil:   I left him out the crate so he could sleep on the kitchen floor instead.  Today I have folded his vetbed to expose the metal tray - his cover is only on the top now so he has plenty of ventilation.                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09