Author Topic: Jenni - too fat? its official  (Read 2688 times)

Offline Dunton4

• Site Member
Jenni - too fat? its official
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 04:47:35 PM »
A similar thing happened with Tilly when she was younger.  A number of people told me she was getting a bit porky (including the vet and people at ringcraft) and I got quite worried.  However, a lady I know locally who breeds cockers told me that, if anything, Tilly could take a bit more weight as she liked her puppies nice and chunky too.  I totally respect her advice, so did not cut down Tilly's food and carried on with normal exercise.  Now, at 14 months she is, if anything, a bit too lean (she weighs 9.8 kilos, but is on the petite side).  She is very fit and healthy and has as much to eat as she wants.  So, as others have recommended here, I wouldn't worry about it - carry on as normal and I'm sure things will sort themselves out when Jenni is older.

Sue and Ms Petite                    

Offline KellyP

• Site Member
    • http://www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/
Jenni - too fat? its official
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 04:54:14 PM »
thanks for all the replies and the advice folks - it is really appreciated :)

I have sent a couple of piccies to my breeder and mentioned what the vet said, but she never said anything about Jenni's weight, just that she looked lovely and looked like she was going to have plenty of feathering - unlike Millie! :roll:
So you have all helped put my mind at rest, and knowing that lil'Cooper weighs a bit more than Jenni and is about the same age, but a boy, so I think they are both probably about right Shirley! :) it's good to have another pup to compare against!

I think I will up her feed a little bit, and put it more along the middle line of the feeding guide from Nutro - see if that curbs the mid-meal snacks she's feeling the need for lately  :shock:  :?  :twisted:

Michelle - what a horrible thing for someone to say about your daughter!! :shock: :shock:                    
Kelly, Tristian, Millie & Jenni (double woof!)

www.millies-website.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk