Author Topic: should he be doing this ?  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
should he be doing this ?
« on: February 27, 2009, 07:32:39 PM »
dennis will be 12week old tomorrow , and im having a small problem with him humping !!!! im pretty sure hes too young for it to be a sexual thing , so why is he doing it !  >:(
when i got him at 8week , he did it a little but recently hes got really bad!! i cant pick him up without im having a go at me  ph34r , he dosnt really do it to anyone else  :embarassed: when he does it i tell him no and put him down and ignore him , but as soon as i let him near for a cuddle , he does it again  >:D

any advice really welcome  :D

Offline Karma

• Site Member
Re: should he be doing this ?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 07:35:04 PM »

Completely normal... don't panic!!

It isn't sexual (neither is it dominance, as some would suggest), it's just a pup being a pup....  ;)  Keep at what you are doing, and it'll fade away!!  :D
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline BabyB

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 09:16:14 PM »
We'd only had a girl before Morgan & Dylan came along (nearly 11 years ago), but when we got Dylan aged 16 weeks he started to do the same as Dennis (fab name ;)).  My mum was so shocked by his behaviour she insisted we call Tom, the vet, when he started to 'mount' Morgan :005:.

As Karma has said, it's perfectly normal and he'll have no sexual awareness at that age, perhaps he feels 'nice' when he does it - bless him.
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 09:21:13 PM »
We'd only had a girl before Morgan & Dylan came along (nearly 11 years ago), but when we got Dylan aged 16 weeks he started to do the same as Dennis (fab name ;)).  My mum was so shocked by his behaviour she insisted we call Tom, the vet, when he started to 'mount' Morgan :005:.

As Karma has said, it's perfectly normal and he'll have no sexual awareness at that age, perhaps he feels 'nice' when he does it - bless him.

My female Brodie does it :005:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Oliver21508

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 09:37:26 PM »
Ollie did this when he was between 9 weeks until about 4 months and then he just stopped. He hasn't done it for ages now, and he's 9 months old, and he's entire.

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:49:48 PM »
thanks for your replies  :lol2:

i dont know why he only does it to me tho  ph34r and its usually my fluffy dressing gown that he does it to  :005:

Offline 1sttimecockermum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2009, 08:51:14 AM »
My Dennis humps towels and blankets  ::) The girls have a freestanding pony which has also been ravished a few times - " look mummy Dennis is cuddling our pony "  ph34r ,  Funilly enough he's only tried to hump Ruby once and she jumped on him and bit him on the "boy bits" seems to have put him off!!  :005:
Owned by Dennis the Menace and Ruby Dooby Doo

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2009, 09:09:49 AM »
13week old lurcher pup Emmett does it too and only with me! Gives it a go with Krum cocker too which is rather amusing.  :005:

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline muckypups

• Lifes easy when your a Dog
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2009, 09:37:31 AM »
Hiya Maria, Buddy does this too on our puffy bean bags, usually when hes having a mad five mins.  Glad to hear they will grow out of it  ph34r

AKA Buddy

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2009, 10:49:30 AM »
Jack has never humped.
Brie my bitch humps my leg when shes excited and my dog walking jacket when im getting ready to take her out  :005:

Offline cockers mum

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2009, 11:46:25 AM »
I think it is excitment, one of ours used to hump a big cat teddy across the room and back every time we had visitors!

Offline BabyB

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2009, 01:31:48 PM »
My Dennis humps towels and blankets  ::) The girls have a freestanding pony which has also been ravished a few times - " look mummy Dennis is cuddling our pony "  ph34r ,  Funilly enough he's only tried to hump Ruby once and she jumped on him and bit him on the "boy bits" seems to have put him off!!  :005:
:rofl1: :rofl1:
Gotta love 'em  :005:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline M4ndy

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2009, 06:11:41 PM »
I think it is excitment, one of ours used to hump a big cat teddy across the room and back every time we had visitors!
:rofl1: :rofl1:
Jasmine does it too. She has a leopard she is particularly fond of. :005:

Offline Harveypops

• Donator
  • owned by Harvey and my honery cocker Flea
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2009, 12:25:32 PM »
Harvey did it too at exactly the same age. I panicked that I owned the furry version of Casanova. There's loads of old threads about it. I thinks it's just over excitement too as he only did it when we had loads of visitors over xmas and I've yet to see him do it again. He went through a phase of really liking very tall men! ph34r