Author Topic: Must haves for the cocker spaniel owner/tips etc  (Read 2317 times)

Offline maccie75

Re: Must haves for the cocker spaniel owner/tips etc
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:47 PM »
Hi there I am a newbie on here so can only offer advise on the past five months .... since our lovely wonderful nutcase Marco joined us. To help with teething I put flannels in the freezer for him to chew on. With off the lead training I let him off within a week of being able to take him for a walk and said a prayer lol no need he was fantastic stayed close by and soon twigged if he was called and got a fuss and a treat it was worth staying close.

With toys he loves any cuddly toy, not overly keen on noisy toys but loves the little rawhide shoes. He has a puppy kong and a bottle filled with treats which he has to get by pulling on the rope in the top (this is still a challenge and in one month he has managed to get i treat out of it) bless him!!!

The main things though he likes to play with are socks, toilet roll centres,  toilet paper still on the roll............!!!!!!!!! and my knickers... which he insist of stealing and running off down the garden with.. His favourite day is definately washing day....

Offline BarbaraW

• Mum of Dennis, black 'n tan show cocker who dances
    • http://www.myspace.com/dennis_barbara
Re: Must haves for the cocker spaniel owner/tips etc
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 10:30:53 PM »
Must have patience.