Author Topic: High winds effecting cockers  (Read 928 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
High winds effecting cockers
« on: February 23, 2017, 11:51:52 AM »
What a morning - Ollie has been manic since about 7.30am just now he is calming down, he isn't overly bothered by fireworks, but these high winds have had a real bad effect on him, he has been barking on and off and a constant low growl for several hours, bless him he must be worn out.  Think it is the high whistling wind that is catching his hearing.

Had the radio on and TV in bedroom as at back of house, just got him calmer and power cut so off he started again.

I am sure he has experienced high winds in his life but I have never been in to witness it.

Hope everyone keeps safe and our cockers too.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ips

Re: High winds effecting cockers
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 12:00:04 PM »
Very very windy oop north, whistling down my log burner flu and fences rattling away. Eze hasn't been bothered by it one bit she is asleep on the sofa at the side of me.
I can see how some dogs may be bothered by it though. Incidentally we have a friends GS for a few hours this afternoon, a particularly excitable bitch (the dog not the friend 😃) so that could prove to be fun 😁
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 12:54:29 PM »
2 cockers calm to the point of disinterest here - and yet it must have been a bit of an exciting morning for them as two fence panels have gone!

OH reports no power at the other house and 2 wcs flat out in front of the log burner  :D

Hope all are safe

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 05:05:51 PM »
Got worse for me too....power went out and house alarm wouldn't turn off, didn't help things with Ollie, then saw something go pass window - and down came a laburnum tree, glad to say no one injured and house in tact, went out to view tree and guess what Ollie christened it....don't you just love em.

Take care everyone

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2017, 06:30:23 PM »
Oh golly, -stay safe everyone!! Its the same here at the moment, our wooden house  is creaking  like an old galleon at the moment!😱Which always makes me nervous!!
Sending cuddles to poor Ollie!
- Don't know why "Doris" turns  into "Thomas" as soon as she blows over Germany though!!!!!  :005:

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 09:36:41 PM »

- Don't know why "Doris" turns  into "Thomas" as soon as she blows over Germany though!!!!!  :005:

The unknown powers of the English Channel :005:

Offline AlanT

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 09:43:37 PM »
Out this afternoon to see if my dog can scent work in high-wind.

I am amazed that it made very little difference. To me this proves that the scent does not "hang in the air"
It must actually be on the ground and not very mobile.

I noticed that a find left up wind was found even more easily. Normally direct scenting of the find only works at a range of about 10 feet on a usual day. Today a find 50 feet away was easy if it was up wind.

These dogs are absolutely incredible with their noses. Sometimes I just cannot believe what I see.