Author Topic: Rage in liver working types???  (Read 1914 times)

Offline Emilyoliver

Rage in liver working types???
« on: June 27, 2014, 07:40:54 AM »
Just read this posted on another forum. She mentioned it was also linked to 'welsh lines'.  (Can only think of one particular 'line' which dominates in my dog's pedigree).  Fairly serious allegation I would think. Not heard this before. Thoughts? Anyone heard this lately?
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Re: Rage in liver working types???
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 09:13:28 AM »
Not heard that - working people generally say that so-called "rage" is only in show lines and doesn't exist at all in working Cockers :-\ If someone is posting on a public forum and making it clear what lines they're referring to even without naming them, they're on dangerous ground!
Jane

Offline Emilyoliver

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 09:36:08 AM »
Not heard that - working people generally say that so-called "rage" is only in show lines and doesn't exist at all in working Cockers :-\ If someone is posting on a public forum and making it clear what lines they're referring to even without naming them, they're on dangerous ground!
Yes, thought the same.  Sweeping statement as well of 'rage being prevalent in liver working cockers' and if the pedigree is full of 'welsh lines'....  Don't think people appreciate the danger of stating such things on public fora.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2014, 10:11:41 AM »
Load of rubbish, and I'd love them to answer questions directly to the breeder of that Welsh Line.  Perhaps he should know about it?

If it's the thread I'm thinking of perhaps they should address their methods of training first which is probably not helping any guarding or fear.....

Top Barks may have some insights from his studies - I'm sure Liver workers didn't feature especially with aggression  :shades:
helen & jarvis x