Author Topic: American Cocker Spaniels - Blueroan Color  (Read 2891 times)

Offline lyn

• Site Member
American Cocker Spaniels - Blueroan Color
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2005, 09:28:55 AM »
I think its funny how myself in Canada would have done anything for an English Cocker as you just dont generally find them here. American Cockers are everywhere it seems and you want an American Cocker where you probably have lots of English COckers

Where you are it seems that the Americans our less popular and generally harder to find.

My reasons for getting an English was one I do like they way the look better than the Americans. (no offence to ACS owners) Also as they are less popular I figured less of a chance for temperment and or breeding problems.

Gotta run Joey is asking for his walks now. :D
[snapback]146266[/snapback]

my daughter has just come back from toronto where she was staying with relatives and they were looking after a 20 wk golden english cocker who is as psycho as paddy :lol:  :lol:

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
American Cocker Spaniels - Blueroan Color
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2005, 03:41:48 PM »
Where you are it seems that the Americans our less popular and generally harder to find.
[snapback]146266[/snapback]
Yes in the UK, American Cockers are very popular in the show ring but are not bred in the huge numbers that Cockers (English Cockers) are over here. Only a handful of litters are registered each quarter for Americans compared with hundreds for Cockers.

I see a number of Am-Cockers here; Molo was on his puppy class with a little B & W, there is a solid black at the school gates every morning and I see two or three goldens on walks. I wonder if they are more popular here for some reason - we don't have any breeders on the Island as far as I know......?
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club