Author Topic: Kc Pappers  (Read 3433 times)

Offline kookie

• Site Member
Kc Pappers
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2005, 05:07:37 PM »
Years ago, when my mum bought us our 1st cocker, I think he was a Helenwood dog, we could choose the name, I know this as we called him Amber Laddie of Bryce. Because we got him from a lady who's surname was Bryce. And when my mum had her 1st litter, I think she could do this, but never since, she has had to pick all her pups names when she registered them.
I will watch this thread with interest.
Love from Karen and Livvy

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Kc Pappers
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2005, 05:23:59 PM »
I think the KC must have stopped allowing owners to choose names after registration towards the end of the 80s. I know in one of our first litters (must have been 86 or 87), we registered one or two puppies without names & the owners were given pink forms to register their choice afterwards. Seems a long time ago now :)

Jane
Jane

Offline Anita

• Site Member
  • Phoebe 21/8/02 - 1/11/16, Libby (2/4/05 - 25/11/16
Kc Pappers
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2005, 08:26:56 PM »
We chose Libby's name as we were in contact with the breeder for sometime and were able to do it before she sent the papers off - also chose a wine theme!!!!
Anita

Offline workingcockers

• Site Member
    • http://www.workingcockers.co.uk
Kc Pappers
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2005, 12:22:10 PM »
would never register a puppy in an owners name before they picked it up as if they changed their mind at the last minute the puppy wouldn't legally be mine  ;)
[snapback]146362[/snapback]

Dont wory Gilly - I had cause to test the KC on this a few years back on a very complicated theft issue (not a cocker) and its a bit like the DVLA paperwork for a car - having the paperwork in someones name does not mean legal ownership. I have this in writing from Caroline Kisko at the KC.

Until I have accepted payment and issued a receipt, then a pup still belongs to me no matter what owner name is on KC paperwork.
Kirsten Strachan
Lorne Working Cockers

Offline AmandaA

• Site Member
Kc Pappers
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2005, 10:00:46 PM »
That's an excellent point we hadn't thought of Kirsten, thank you.
Amanda, Lennox,Molly,Jasmine,Lotte & Ruby & Doogie xxxx

Offline isla

• Site Member
Kc Pappers
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2005, 05:02:33 PM »
Sorry I know this is a bit of an old thread but I was looking at Mac's pedigree the other night and asked why his KC name wasn't on the papers. Dad said that he got to pick the name and they used their KC name as a prefix. He also said he didn't have to pay for this?? This was only about 5 years ago... very strange.

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Kc Pappers
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2005, 05:33:15 PM »
Perhaps your Dad means he chose Mac's name before the breeder sent off the litter registration form which would not be all that unusual. I have heard of some breeders supplying basic pedigree certificates when puppies are sold but not registering the litter officially until afterwards. Pedigree certificates are different to the official KC registration certificate - the KC name of the puppy always appears on the registration certificate but not necessarily on the pedigree (specially if the pup wasn't registered until later).

Jane
Jane

Offline sportsmonki

• Site Member
  • Storm
Kc Pappers
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2005, 10:57:02 PM »
The only way I know of that this may have been possible...other than those already suggested is that there is a form (7?) where...in exceptional circumstances...you can apply to change the registered name of a dog.  It has to be done within 3 months of the dog having been registered though.

sportsmonki