Author Topic: Confused  (Read 1207 times)

Offline cassie

• Site Member
Confused
« on: January 10, 2006, 08:32:01 PM »
Just been looking at rhonas kennel club certificate and we have just spotted that it says shes a lemon roan but we always thought she was orange and she is more orange then lemon what should we do?
If chocolate was not here I wouldn't be either!

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Confused
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 10:21:08 PM »
Just been looking at rhonas kennel club certificate and we have just spotted that it says shes a lemon roan but we always thought she was orange and she is more orange then lemon what should we do?
[snapback]174274[/snapback]

I'm not sure that I understand???? Does it make any difference???

Do you have the original papers from her breeder?????? Those should say whether she is orange or lemon. If the papers are wrong and you are still planning to breed then you probably need to contact the kennel club I'd have thought. But to be honest that is jsut off the top of my head I don't actually know.

I'm sure Jane will be able to tell you ;)

Offline Cayley

• Site Member
Confused
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 10:35:09 PM »
Excuse my ignorance if you've said this elsewhere, but is Rhona a show or working type cocker?
Cayley.

Offline silkstocking

• Site Member
Confused
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 10:44:50 PM »
Excuse my ignorance if you've said this elsewhere, but is Rhona a show or working type cocker?
[snapback]174330[/snapback]

I have in my head somewhere that lemon roans is a working colour is that right????? Or am I totally off base????

Offline Mich

• Site Member
  • Bailey come back!
Confused
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 10:55:41 PM »
[snapback]174330[/snapback]

I have in my head somewhere that lemon roans is a working colour is that right????? Or am I totally off base????
[snapback]174335[/snapback]

You are right hun!!
  Mich, Bailey and Poppy xxxxx

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
Confused
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 11:10:33 PM »
Rhona is an orange roan from what I remember of her & I'm pretty sure she's show-type. Doesn't she have Nosana breeding in her pedigree Cassie or am I getting her mixed up with someone else? One of our first Cockers was registered as blue roan by her breeder when in fact she was black & white ticked but we didn't bother getting her registration changed. These things happen sometimes as it can be difficult to tell (unless experienced) what colour some puppies are when they are very young eg oranges are often very pale when babies & darken later which could cause some breeders to assume they have lemons.

Jane
Jane

Offline cassie

• Site Member
Confused
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2006, 06:37:28 PM »
Thank you Jane yes you remember rightly shes a show dog not a working dog. It just confused me thats why I asked.Should we get her kennel club certificate changed if we do let her have a litter
If chocolate was not here I wouldn't be either!