Author Topic: Which breed?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
Re: Which breed?
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 02:59:17 PM »
[quoteThink I opened a right old can of worms there didn't i
][/quote]

I dont think anyone is getting at you alizda, its just honest advice.
I have a sproker shes lovely and shes spayed.
I love her too much to put her through a potentially life threatening experience . Instead I got  Liath her younger  half sister on the cocker side ( same mam) when pepper was about 18 months and they are best of pals.
 I think if you want another dog later on my advice would be to go back to your pups breeder and see if you can buy a sibling or other relative..
 Or if you have your heart set on a cross breed try the rescue centres.. they seem to have them in abundance.

Offline rainey f

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:18 AM »

. . . . . .i know i,m probably adding fuel to the fire  . .  . . .but whats the advantage of a "sprocker" . . . labradoodle owners are looking for lab temperaments and poodle coats (not always achieved!) so whats the advantage of a sprocker??

lorraine and jo jo

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2006, 08:47:28 PM »
In peppers case she was an unplanned pregnacy between working spaniels.
way back in yesteryear when working cockers were nearly extinct,  working springers were crossed with show cockers, and show cockers were crossed with working cockers to add to the numbers and to get the working gene going again. that was a long time ago and it would be very wrong to do that nowadays.
 If a sprocker is an exceptional working dog a gamekeeper may choose to breed of her / him, Im not saying its right or wrong but it is done now and again.