Author Topic: colours  (Read 1490 times)

Offline adiecoe

• Site Member
colours
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:37:05 PM »
Hi, and firstly I'm not sure if i have posted this in the Right place? so bear with me on this... one of many questions i shall ask in our efforts to find a new family member is the colours of cocker's. solids is easy enough to understand, blue road i  know of but particolours this i don't get!!!!! we did at the first thought of having a cocker have a definite idea to the colour we would like,but the more i research the whole thing i am getting more and more unconcerned about the colour. admittedly a blue roan/golden solid would be great but as i look through all the photos and read as much gen as i can handle at anyone time i find myself not worrying about the colour, just to get the right pup and happy mixture for every one seems to far outweigh the Pacific's of the colour. however the a better understanding of the common coats that can be found would help us . so if anyone is willing to help then please reply.       cheers Adie & Amanda.

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
  • Little miss Maudie pants and the beautiful Alice!
Re: colours
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 03:42:39 PM »
What you are saying is right ! I am sure everyone including myself have a favorite colour but temperament is most important! Particolours are the colours such as blue roan, orange roan, liver roan etc and solids as you say are one complete colour but also including black and tan! TBH you may find that your search narrows to the reputable breeders you can find within the distance you can travel! Those breeders will possibly only breed one or two colours???? I found most did solids or parti not many do both althouh some do! Well good luck in your search anyway! Tracey and Maudie x
Tracey, Maudie and Alice x

Offline adiecoe

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 04:07:14 PM »
oh right i see what your saying, does that mean a golden colour is actually refered to as "TAN" ?. This is actually our favorite colour.

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:27:13 PM »
Have a look at this it will give you some idea!

http://www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk/colours.htm

Kind regards
Tracey

Offline adiecoe

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 05:08:50 PM »
thanks Tracey, i have seen that site before, get read ,thank you. and to anyone else reading this thread.... take a look at the link Tracey posted its good gen.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:18:58 PM »
Golden is not the same as tan. Tan features in conjunction with other colours such as 'black and tan' 'blue roan and tan' etc. Temperament and health are by far the most important things to consider when looking for a puppy but of course everyone has colours which they particularly like. It's natural that you find some particularly attractive  ;)  I have working type cockers, a blue roan and a solid liver and I'd also love a solid black, a black and white and a liver roan... well I can dream!  :005:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline lolajays

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:13:44 PM »
Golden is not the same as tan. Tan features in conjunction with other colours such as 'black and tan' 'blue roan and tan' etc. Temperament and health are by far the most important things to consider when looking for a puppy but of course everyone has colours which they particularly like. It's natural that you find some particularly attractive  ;)  I have working type cockers, a blue roan and a solid liver and I'd also love a solid black, a black and white and a liver roan... well I can dream!  :005:

Lol yes I agree I love liver roan, orange roan and Black and Tan mmmm and well any actually! mmmm what to have next lol!