Author Topic: Show/working pedigree  (Read 1386 times)

Offline AllyH

Show/working pedigree
« on: May 15, 2008, 12:13:54 PM »
I have a question which I'm hoping someone can help me with. I'm hoping this is the right section if not please move me ;)

After reading some of the posts in here I have looked at Ozzi's pedigree and am not sure whether he has a working line as well as a show line :-\

At 4 and 5 generation he has FT CH on his maternal grandma's side, but all the other lines (i.e all other grandparents) have SH CH ::)

Does this mean he is a show type? He doesn't seem to have very long fur at the mo but is only 14 weeks and was a bit underweight when we got him. Will this make a difference to the rate at which his fur grows :-\
I'm not bothered as we love him very much and he is an angel at the moment ( might regret saying that in a few weeks!) just interested.

TIA
When did he take over my life?:-)

Offline Beth

• Site Member
Re: Show/working pedigree
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2008, 12:17:00 PM »
It means he's a cross of the two. Mostly show type though. ;) You may find that as he gets older he has a bit more get up and go than most pure show types.
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Cazzie

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2008, 12:23:09 PM »
He looks a real sweetie  :luv:

Offline AllyH

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2008, 12:48:23 PM »
Thank you - he is indeed & those gorgeous cocker  :luv:eyes could (nearly) get him anywhere!!!!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2008, 12:52:38 PM »
Sounds like my Louie, 1/4 of his lines are working and he has a low maintenance coat compared to the other two who are show type.  Appearance wise he's show-like except for the length of body hair. Termperament he is more worker though and all the running he does makes him lovely and lean  :D

Make the most of easy grooming he might get more as he gets older, Louie certainly has more coat now he's 2  :shades:

Post his pedigree if you want people to comment on which lines might be worker  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline AllyH

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2008, 01:12:20 PM »
Thanks Jenny I will make the most of the easier grooming :005: although his coat does seem to be growing quite quickly now, it is still short in comparison to others i have seen. He has a really laid back temperment at the mo - although this might change!
When you say post his pedigree, do you mean type all the names in? I might be being a bit slow, sorry, but i am new to this :005:

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:58:27 PM »
You can type in or scan and download to photobucket and post on this board here  http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?board=132.0

You'll be able to see if any other members have one with similar lines too  ;)

This is Louie now http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/Louie/IMG_8781.jpg and when I introduced him http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i180/jaspersmum/Louie/P9260050.jpg

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline AllyH

« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2008, 10:27:59 AM »
What a gorgeous boy  :luv: and a great poser :005:

Thanks for the info i will post in the section you have given me
xx