Author Topic: would it be possible to get more info on Marley?  (Read 3638 times)

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
would it be possible to get more info on Marley?
« on: July 02, 2008, 09:38:25 PM »
I was wandering if it would be ok for me to get in touch with marley's breeder as the name is on his vac's record card, or do you think i should leave it? :-\ It would be lovely to know his roots and pedigree and even try and find sibling near by if there are any. I'm new to all of this and not sure whether to go ahead or not. ph34r

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
Re: would it be possible to get more info on Marley?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 09:41:42 PM »
why dont you post his ped on here to see if there are any siblings on here? thats how i found my boys bro's x
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 09:54:02 PM »
all i have for him is his vac record card with the breeders name and address on it, apart from that i have nothing. :-\

Offline angelbaby

• Site Member
  • My love, my life, my cocker spaniel
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 09:55:33 PM »
oh bum well that wont work then will it, sorry  :-\
My little angel, sent to me in my time of need, i love you with every piece of my broken heart xx
My beautiful boy xx

Offline badgeralbert

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2008, 09:55:58 PM »
Is that the breeders name and address or the first owners name and address.  Ours for Maisy is my name etc because I had her vacs done not the breeder??

If it is the breeder I would write to them and send a photo of him, hopefully they will reply.

Glad to hear all is well with you and Marley  :luv:

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2008, 09:58:35 PM »
I am presuming it is the breeders as it has his age down at 6weeks and that would be too young to be in first home, wouldn't it? Do you think i should contact them and see if they reply?

Offline badgeralbert

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2008, 10:01:42 PM »
I believe 6 weeks is too early to be in a new home, so it may be that the breeder had the vac done.  But, at my vets they do them at 8 and 12 weeks only.  I dont really understand all that but someone else will probably confirm or unconfirm this!

I would write to them to see if you could find out any information on him.  They can only ignore you cant they, if they cant be bothered.

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2008, 10:11:40 PM »
Amanda my first rescue cocker Rosie, i knew nothing of her background and got in touch with her breeder by the details on her papers etc, and she was lovely! Go for it!  :D

REUBY DOOO!

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2008, 10:19:18 PM »
Thanks, i'll write to her tomorrow and get a pic printed to send with the letter. It would be lovely to know more. :D

Offline tiamaria

• CHARLEY CHOPS
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2008, 10:23:18 PM »
I ended up getting Rosie's pedigree changed over into my name too! Although i can find all the bits of paper, i cant find the actual certificate with everything on!  >:( Thinking i lost in when i moved house? Or its in the attic and wont be seen till i next move house!  ::)

Yes id just write and explain the story - what do you know about Marley's previous owners?

REUBY DOOO!

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2008, 10:27:34 PM »
Jasper was 9 months old when we acquired him but I had his papers passed on so found out about another owner and his breeder and contacted them both.  It revealed a whole history of events in his short life to that point.

The breeder was really pleased to find out where Jasper had gone too and I've seen her a few times since,  she's always been most helpful and I'm sure if I had a problem, she'd help me in the same way that she would someone who had bought a puppy direct from her.  :D

OK you might not have the same response but what have you to lose  ;)

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2008, 11:21:39 PM »
For some reason some rescues won't pass on papers. I don't know the reason for this as it would be nice to know the ancestory behind the dog. I think they destroy the papers if they have them  :-\  I got a vac card with Monty but with the previous owners name crossed off. I can understand this as you can't really go asking them questions. Hope you do find out Marley's ancestory.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2008, 09:13:43 AM »

The 6 week vaccinations certainly sound like they would have been done by the breeder, so I would say go for it - you have nothing to lose.  They may not be interested in the slightest  :'( but at least you will know you have tried, but they may be delighted to get an update on their pup and to know that he has found his forever home  :D - you won't know the reaction until you try.

Honey had her first vaccinations at 6 weeks (by the breeder) - it depends on the vets and brand of vaccine when they are given, I think...  ;)
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2008, 09:18:35 AM »
thanks, i'll try and get in touch with them and see what happens :D

Offline Tori

• Shannara Leap of faith AKA Mr bubbalicious - Otis
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2008, 09:59:04 PM »
thanks, i'll try and get in touch with them and see what happens :D

Good luck, hope it works out  :luv:
Tori & Co x
aka the luscious Laney, Jessica ferret, Scrum bum Otis (pictured)and Sasha the basha welshie - sadly Sasha was set free to run at the bridge 13/01/11 to prevent further suffering.... Until we meet again sweet angel xx