Author Topic: KC Breed Supplement  (Read 1687 times)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
KC Breed Supplement
« on: July 06, 2004, 10:46:31 PM »
Hi there
When I changed Jessie's ownership over with the Kennel Club, I also bought a copy of the breed supplement. But....im a bit confused....how do I read it? I think I have found her in it...but what does it tell me? She was from a litter of 6 but not all 6 are detailed..unless I am reading it wrong..which is more then possible!
Apologies if I am being thick...I will try harder  :lol:
Jane                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
KC Breed Supplement
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2004, 11:14:25 PM »
The KC Breed Record Supplement lists all litter registrations per quarter (listed alphabetically by breeder's names), then all changes of name & transfers etc. If you bought the BRS which lists Jessie's transfer, it may not be the one that lists the actual registration of Jessie's litter - often transfers appear in a later BRS as new owners might send them in a long time after the breeder registered the litter. You should see some letters after Jessie's name (like AB03 or something) - this tells you what BRS her registration appeared in. To be honest, the BRS doesn't tell the average puppy owner very much but they make fascinating reading for breeders :)                    
Jane

Offline Michele

• Site Member
KC Breed Supplement
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2004, 11:21:13 PM »
To be honest, the BRS doesn't tell the average puppy owner very much but they make fascinating reading for breeders :)

I'll second that  :wink:                    

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
KC Breed Supplement
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2004, 11:22:16 PM »
Thanks Jane
When my brain is up to it ill ty to see if I can make head or tail of it...I have tried a couple of times in the 6 months or so we have had Jessie but Ive had to gove up...if its not that interesting tho might just stick to the internet  :wink:
Cheers Jane                    

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
KC Breed Supplement
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2004, 01:35:34 PM »
Thanks Jane
When my brain is up to it ill ty to see if I can make head or tail of it...I have tried a couple of times in the 6 months or so we have had Jessie but Ive had to gove up...if its not that interesting tho might just stick to the internet  :wink:  
Cheers Jane

If you would like some help then email me direct - not sure what you are trying to achieve but if I can help you I will.  I have all the KC BRS :lol:                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!