Author Topic: Any stud dogs available in Devon?  (Read 1618 times)

Offline staceyarie26

• Site Member
Any stud dogs available in Devon?
« on: July 07, 2004, 01:57:01 PM »
Hiya,

Me and my mum have decided to let Honey have her first litter soon as she is nearly two now.  We would appreciate any tips on breeding as this will be our first attempt at it and it all seems a bit daunting.  We were also wondering if there were any studs available in the Devon area who would be interested in mating with Honey (she's very beautiful boys!  :wink: )  Any help would be very much appreciated, Thanks!                    

Offline Pammy

• Inactive
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2004, 02:45:26 PM »
Stacey - you need to talk to your girls breeder first to see what lines would suit, also get yourself The Book of the Bitch by White & Evans- then see if you want to take it further. It's not just a question of any stud dog, it has to be the right one to complement your girl. Have you had the necessary health checks done on your girl to check she should be used for breeding?

Many breeders travel the length and breadth of the country for the right stud dog. I'm not saying that's what you have to do - but you do have to find the right dog. if he's near you then great - but you have to be prepared to travel - and it's the bitch that goes to the dog usually. :)

hth                    
Pam n the boys

Growing old is compulsory growing up is optional

Offline LindaW

• Site Member
    • http://www.shandardel-cockers.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2004, 01:39:43 PM »
Hi Stacey
I would suggest that you also get Honey eye tested under the KC/BVA scheme.   :D                    
Linda
xx
Jodie, Pippa, Daisy, Lolly, Gem, Tigger, Butty, Fanny and Coco!