Author Topic: Statistics: PRA, FN and Hip-dysplasia in the UK?  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Phaedra

• Site Member
    • Blue Runes Cocker Spaniels
Statistics: PRA, FN and Hip-dysplasia in the UK?
« on: July 10, 2004, 09:06:49 AM »
I am doing some pedigree-research to prepare for a possible mating. Wheter it will be a mating or not depends on the eye-testing of my bitch, which i scheduled to july 28th + other things, but you can always make plans :D ! I have now focused on HEALTH and gone through pedigrees looking for PRA and FN carriers and checked out statistics for hip-dysplasia. I have good sources concerning the Swedish material, but many of our dogs have parents or grandparents imported from the UK and they are blank in my pedigrees, so...

Are there sites or books where you can check this out for UK-registred dogs?

Any information is valuable!

Thanks,

Anneli                    

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2004, 09:49:53 AM »
Sorry, Anneli - there is no website which contains totally comprehensive information on UK hip scores, FN cases, PRA affecteds etc although Ann Sward's site does have most of this info. FN cases are published each year in the Cocker Spaniel Club's Welfare booklet as are details of PRA affecteds & hip scores (this booklet is published annually with the Year Book) It also contains lists of dogs which have been eye-tested clear. If you're interested in joining The Cocker Club, have a look at www.thecockerspanielclub.co.uk. Eye test results & hipscores are also published in the Kennel Club Breed Record Supplements published quarterly.

Jane                    
Jane

Offline Phaedra

• Site Member
    • Blue Runes Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2004, 01:08:48 PM »
Thanks, Jane! I will look into the membership rules at once.

I have already gotten some information from the website of Ann Swärd/Kennel A One's (one of my favourite cocker pages I must say!), but I was hoping for something similar but with focus on UK condition.

Regards

Anneli                    

Offline Katina

• Site Member
    • Kennel Pretty Flower's
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2004, 07:52:03 PM »
I have already gotten some information from the website of Ann Swärd/Kennel A One's (one of my favourite cocker pages I must say!), but I was hoping for something similar but with focus on UK condition.  

Regards
Anneli

Totally Of Topic (sorry)

Hi Anneli, I think Anns page is fab too. And she also has one of the most beautifull cockermales I have ever seen, Multi CH Midnight Train Vom Rauhen Holz.  ( I have his grandaughter at home :lol: )                    
There's only one, -but that one is a lion

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2004, 10:17:14 AM »
You can get a floppy disc of all PRA tested and affected dogs from the Kennel Club, cost £10 on disc, or £20 if you want it all printed out.