Author Topic: Annual Eye test results BVA.  (Read 1581 times)

Offline JohnW

Annual Eye test results BVA.
« on: March 26, 2009, 12:51:07 AM »
Just to let people know who have had there dogs eye tested but have not been recorded on the Kennel clubs register, need to get copies of the eye test results and send them into the Kennel club as it appears for some reason a few have been Lost in transit or so I was informed, I guess with the amount of dogs that are now being eye tested this can happen from time to time. But a quick call and copies sent in should hopefully rectify this wee problem.

Offline summer

• Some of our Gang
    • Summervilles-gundogs
Re: Annual Eye test results BVA.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 08:30:23 PM »
hi john

yes i have also had problems, i had several of my dogs eye tested this January and the results are not as yet updated. infact one of the dogs test result showed that she had never had her yes tested,  :huh: even tho she has had two..
so i also have sent in new results last week so hopefully they now will all be correct...

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2009, 09:02:08 PM »
One of my girls had PRA and FN clear tests earlier this year.  I was told that Optigen & Antagene send copies of the results to the KC.  When i checked on the KC website they had not entered the results.  After contacting the KC they asked me to send copies, and they have now recorded the tests on their site.

I suppose to be on the safe side it is best to check the results are recorded.  It must be a concern though for some people don't have access to the internet/computers etc.  :huh:  There always seems to be a bit of 'lack of communication' from the KC.  ::)

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 10:50:20 PM »
Antagene don't have an arrangement with the KC to send test results directly to the KC so anyone who has the FN test done & wants it recorded on their KC reg cert still needs to send a copy of the result to the KC themselves.

I suppose it is inevitable that some eye test results go astray when you have two different agencies involved (BVA & KC) although if you subscribe to the BRS, you can spot whether your results have been recorded even if you don't have internet access - I can remember doing this a few years ago before we even had a computer when one of our dog's eye test results didn't appear in the BRS but those of our other dogs did.
Jane

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2009, 08:32:33 AM »
Antagene don't have an arrangement with the KC to send test results directly to the KC so anyone who has the FN test done & wants it recorded on their KC reg cert still needs to send a copy of the result to the KC themselves.

Thanks Jane.  The info given to me was obviously not correct.

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 01:01:43 PM »
Thanks Jane.  The info given to me was obviously not correct.

I expect they just got confused as Optigen does have an arrangement with the KC but Antagene have refused which is a shame :(
Jane