Author Topic: Antagene FN test Certificates  (Read 3179 times)

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
Antagene FN test Certificates
« on: September 12, 2009, 09:39:04 AM »
Sorry, wasn't really sure which section to put this under, please move it if it's in the wrong place.

Ok, had 4 of my girls FN tested, all came back normal   :D, Antagene certificates arrived this morning but they are in French??  As I will be sending a copy to the KC will they accept this or should I ask Antagene for an English Version.

Thanks

Offline JohnW

Re: Antagene FN test Certificates
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 12:14:27 PM »
hi Sharon,

Did you receive an online account with antagene, When I had mine done we got an email from them with an online account that you could simply log onto. Once the results came back I simply printed the letter off from there. And it was in English. I did speak to them a few times as it took a really long time for my results to come back though nearly 2 months in total. Not sure how the Kc stands on the french letter but can't see there being any problems. Sure Jane will put you rite on that score. :D

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 02:16:00 PM »
Yes, I've got an online account, when I log in I click on the English flag but it's still in French  :huh:, my results were through within 4 days and certificates arrived this morning which is only just over a week, which isn't bad  at all.

I've tried e-mailing Antagene before and like you say they are very slow at replying, may have to 'try' and ring them

Offline doughy

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 02:59:51 PM »
Im still waiting for Tillys certificate from Antagene got her Optigen certificate yesterday !

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 03:10:11 PM »
Hi Sharon,  I have just checked my girls Antagene Certificates and they are in English.  I don't know if the KC will accept the Certificate in French  :huh:  Its probably best to email Antagene and ask them to send you the English version.  ;)

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 05:35:04 PM »
Im still waiting for Tillys certificate from Antagene got her Optigen certificate yesterday !

Did you send cheek swabs to Antagene?  I'm waiting for an Optigen result too on my Callie, guess that's going to take longer as Antagene have to send the DNA to them after they did the FN test/

Did you not get an e-mail from Antagene with a user name and password?  if you did you can check online and print off your own certificate.

Offline doughy

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 10:32:08 PM »
Yes I did send a cheek swab but I thought you get a certificate from Antagene

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2009, 06:40:46 PM »
You should have got yours from Antagene, I checked online and saw my results, could even print off my own certificate, then 2 days later had my certificates in the post.  You need these as you will need to send a copy to the KC to get the results listed

Offline doughy

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 04:28:07 PM »
I thought the results were now sent straight from Antagene and Optigen to the Kennel club I will go on line and print a copy off thank you for telling me

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 05:40:48 PM »
I thought the results were now sent straight from Antagene and Optigen to the Kennel club I will go on line and print a copy off thank you for telling me

No Antagene refuse to do this sadly - only Optigen send results directly to the KC.
Jane

Offline doughy

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 09:18:52 PM »
Thank you I will print off 2 copies and send one to the Kennel club. I was so pleased with Tilly`s results as they were both clear !

Offline Sharon

• Inactive
  • Bramble
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2009, 10:19:37 AM »
Just to let you know Antagene updated my online account, so it's now all in English, so have printed off new certificates to send off to the KC.  Still waiting on my Optigen though, all being well results should be through this week sometime, it's been 4 weeks since Antagene received the samples, I've had an e-mail from Becky at Optigen early part of last week to say samples were received and all being well results within a couple of weeks.

Offline cockers rock!

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 11:30:47 AM »
Hi all

Was reading with interest the FN thread - this is a slightly different question but some of you have had the testing down hopefully some will be able to advise.

New to site - spoke to my vet this am about getting Hector tested.   He said that I personally would have to send the bloods to France.  Was asking about bloods rather than a cheek swab as I felt (and vet concurred) that bloods rather than cheek swabs would be clinically more robust. 

For those that have tested did you personally handle postage etc rather than have your vet take care of it? 

Given the post strike I may have to leave it for a month or so  >:(

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 12:48:07 PM »
We have done the packing and sending out of samples ourselves & it's pretty straightforward as long as you follow all the instructions ;) You could always wait and take part in one of the organised Optigen/Antagene clinics which are run from time to time as the organiser can take care of the packing side of things then.

If you got Hector from a breeder who does the FN tests (most good breeders are doing it now), then you shouldn't need to test Hector yourself as hopefully his parents' status will tell you his status (if they are both clear of course :blink:)
Jane

Offline cockers rock!

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »
Thanks Jane
I let my heart rule my head in getting Hector something I would not have considered a year ago.
I had done loads of research before getting a pup (FN and PRA) and had booked a puppy last Dec with a 'reputable accredited breeder'   Sadly she messed us around incredibly badly. As I had just signed up with the one breeder when I pulled out after legal advice I faced another long wait ; I had already waited 6 months for a puppy.  I obtained Hector from a local breeder who has been going for 20 years but did not do FN or PRA tests.  Both sire and damn were slightly older (hence could not have been FN affected) although I realise they could have been carriers.However the breeder assured me that the health of his pups was good (many other pups in my area) and I also met 2 other owners of his dogs.

He is lovely but I am worried about his health especially since some serious concerns later came to light re the breeder.Hector has been at the vets again today as he has been sick /vomiting for 5 days (although he is still very lively and eating well) - all in all I am very worried about him as he has come to mean so much to me.  I was therefore thinking I would get him tested myself.   Vet has said we will do kidney function tests if vomiting goes on past Wednesday.