Author Topic: Raw feeding cockerpoo  (Read 6283 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Raw feeding cockerpoo
« on: May 18, 2023, 02:33:06 PM »
Hi
My girlfriend and her 5yo cockerpoo has recently moved in with me and my 11yo working cocker. He’s on Nutriment raw and the cockerpoo is on Canagan. We are keen to get them both on raw for ease and the cockerpoo loves the wee bit of raw i have given her. Question is how much should i give her? She is 9.5kg and very energetic. My 11yo wcs is 13.6kg and on 190gr twice a day.
Thoughts appreciated

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Raw feeding cockerpoo
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2023, 04:01:17 PM »
Hi! Have you read the post on raw feeding at the top of the Feeding section? That will give you a rough guide to start with but a lot depends on size, weight, age, the amount of exercise they get or if the dogs are neutered or not. (Sounds complicated but it really isn’t  ;))
I‘ve fed my dog , now 8, raw since he was around 6 months and he had no problems from day 1 but its generally a good idea to introduce it fairly slowly, stick to one sort of meat and then introduce other sorts gradually. Humphrey’s  15 Kg but neutered and unfortunately not so active these days, so he gets about 230 g total per day divided over 2 meals. I do have to keep a pretty close eye on his weight and if he starts putting on too much, I reduce the meat slightly and substitute with more vegetables.
I mix my own food, he gets a tripe for two meals a week, offal twice and fish twice a week, the rest is normal meat and vegetable and a little minced bone but I think there’s a good choice of ready mixes available and I’m sure someone else on here,  who lives in GB, will be able to advise you better. There are a lot of us who  feed  raw, so if you‘ve an more questions don’t hesitate to ask!

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: Raw feeding cockerpoo
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 06:57:18 PM »
Usually the guidance is 2-3% of ideal weight per day  ; :D

You can adjust to suit if she puts on or loses weight  ;)
Julie and Watson