Author Topic: James wellbeloved!  (Read 874 times)

Offline Rachel1992

James wellbeloved!
« on: October 27, 2014, 02:05:10 PM »
I've fed my dog on James wellbeloved from about 6 months old. He's always seemed to have soft stools on and off. I didn't know if it could be the food or not.

Recently it seems they start off firm then towards the end go really soft, sometimes runny (sorry for the disgusting thought) also he seems to be really trying to go to the toilet but not much seems to come out! He just seems to be trying for ages.

Anyway, enough of the lovely thoughts! Do you think I should try him on a different food? If so, can I have some suggestions of some good dry food around the similar price to James wellbeloved.

Thanks

Offline Rachel1992

Re: James wellbeloved!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2014, 02:12:58 PM »
Sorry, forgot to say he is about 13 months old now

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2014, 08:51:35 PM »
We had a similar problem with Milly and JWB until we moved her over onto Orijen. It's a high quality kibble with no bulking ingredients so the quantity required is less than most other foods. Although more expensive the smaller quantities fed make it cost effective and you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you're feeding one of the best foods out there.
There is a very similar kibble, Acana, from the same Canadian manufacturer that also scores very highly in reviews but is slightly cheaper. Both these are high protein kibbles so a week to ten days should be taken to gradually move over to feeding them if you want to give them a try.

Bob.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2014, 09:10:31 PM »
I had exactly the same problem with JWB too. It doesn't seem to suit all dogs. I'm afraid I cant recommend another kibble as Archie is now wet fed. He was incredibly fussy and I really struggled to get him to eat. The only kibble he would consider eating was Applaws, which I used as his training treats.