Author Topic: libre office or open office  (Read 4931 times)

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
libre office or open office
« on: June 15, 2016, 06:11:55 PM »
I have a new laptop which has not got microsoft office, which as you know is pricey.  I have been using OH office computer, but not ideal (it is for his work)
Am looking to downloading a free office suite - either libre or open office, do any of you have either.
Also are they safe for windows 10.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline tenaille

Re: libre office or open office
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2016, 09:22:25 PM »
I am not a user of either but from reading on the internet the latest versions are compatible with windows 10. I understand that the products are very similar, with Libre actually being a development of open office . Both seem to have their supporters and do their job well.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2016, 09:29:06 PM »
I use Google Drive.
  But if you go to Martin's money saving expert site  and punch in " free office software"  you will get a list and reviews  ;)
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2016, 08:20:06 AM »
I have used open office for years and have never had any problems, I will not upgrade to windows 10 yet as I still like using windows 7. Open office has regular updates and is easy to use and has a good look to it. I also use Microsoft office for work and have to be honest each has its good points and each has a few niggles that could be improved. Latest version of Microsoft is very modern looking but I don't think it is much different once you get into it.

I have not tried libre so cannot comment, but I would imagine it will be similar and will also update on a regular basis.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2016, 10:42:32 AM »
I am looking into something called free office as it is meant to be lighter ! i just want it to write and proof letters or documents.

Have read that both open office and libre are similar but that it takes a heap of space up, not that this is a problem, it's just seems to have too many other office stuff that I will never use.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 01:31:36 PM »
I have used Open Office for a lot of years and it is absolutely fine and does work with Windows 10.

Other options would be Corel WordPerfect - now at X8 version it will open .doc, .docx, .pdf and most other formats and save back to them. I much prefer it to MS Office personally and it is less expensive.

You can get some versions of MS Office at a more realistic price if you have a look at the likes of Coastal Software.

Hope that helps