Author Topic: Ruby seems stiff  (Read 341 times)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
Ruby seems stiff
« on: May 10, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »
I have noticed Ruby (5) seems stiff "sometimes".It usually happens after sleeping when she goes to get up, she looks like what i can only describe as stiff as she starts to walk and after 5 or 6 steps it stops.

Also twice on separate occasions i have come into the lounge first thing in the morning and when she sees me she goes to get out of her bed and she sort of can't get the oomph to get up for a second or two then she is absolutely fine boining up and down for breakfast.

I exercise her with the chuckit ball most days and she isn't over weight.I have also given her a joint supplement for around 2 years now, just as a precaution for her old age but sometimes i wonder if something is happening now.

She is due to go to the vets at some point this month and i think i will mention it but i wondered if anyone had any thoughts.
 :-\

People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Ruby seems stiff
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2013, 05:51:23 PM »
I just wonder if she's picked up some kind of injury or problem through chasing the chukit ball? I throw a ball occasionally for Louis but won't risk it at all with William, who has a back problem, having seen how often dogs leap into the air, twist round in the air, stop and turn very suddenly, turn somersaults, fall over etc. when getting carried away by enthusiasm when ball chasing.

Hope Ruby's OK :luv: