Author Topic: Who else dog pesters them for dinner  (Read 2159 times)

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
Who else dog pesters them for dinner
« on: March 26, 2013, 04:43:57 PM »
 :o Each day from about 4.20 onwards he sits and literally bores a hole in me with his beady eyes.
I try not to give dinner at the same time each day. I could never go beyond 5.15pm though before I do give in.

How on earth do they know?  its not because he is that hungry as some days he has stuff in between and some days not.

Offline JohnK

• Donator
  • Produced for Minnie, Dennis and Rosie
Re: Who else dog pesters them for dinner
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 04:46:23 PM »
Jane

My three are shouting me to tell me its tea time too.

As soon as we reach 4pm, they don't stop until the have been fed  >:D ;)

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 04:47:56 PM »
Ruby does. She gives me doleful eyes and if I'm sitting, plonks her chin firmly on my knee and stares!
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline piph

• Donator
  • Ozzy and Jess
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 05:03:35 PM »
Ozzy too!  He's fed at 6pm usually, but about now (5ish) he starts giving me the evil eye - I try and hold out until 6 but often don't manage it!  >:D

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2013, 05:42:00 PM »
I struggled for four and a half years to get Brodie to eat, but after she fell ill in November the problem has been solved. I still find it very strange when she starts staring at me, it's a very specific look in her eyes :005:

Rubbish pic as it was taken by my ipad:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2013, 05:56:59 PM »
They can tell the time! I kid not, when four o'clock come he is there......eyes boring into me. If I ignore him he asks to go out for a wee, as soon as I'm up he turns round and runs to the kitchen >:D
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2013, 05:59:40 PM »
I struggled for four and a half years to get Brodie to eat, but after she fell ill in November the problem has been solved. I still find it very strange when she starts staring at me, it's a very specific look in her eyes :005:

Rubbish pic as it was taken by my ipad:

Oh I think its good enough to convey the "mum Im hungry "  look

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:39 PM »
I try not to feed mine at exactly the same time, but if I need to feed them extra early for some reason one day then the next day William will start pacing up and down at the unusually early time from the previous day. He's got it down to a fine art, a bit of pacing with some quiet hoo-hooing under his breath interspersed with sitting bolt upright directly in front of me trying to catch my eye :005:

I'll swear he has a pocket watch on a chain, like the white rabbit in Alice In Wonderland, and is always checking it to make sure I'm on time :lol2:

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:38 PM »
I know mine can last because if I'm not around they are not half as bad with everyone else.
I feed around 4pm but they have started to get excited (with more than a little help from a hungry Penny from around 2pm. They start to cry and pace and herd me to the fridge by 3pm and sometimes we just don't get to 4 because I really can't stand the hassle some days. That said any food offered has been eaten within 2 mins max of hitting the dish.
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2013, 06:25:51 PM »
Mine are demanding theirs as I type  :shades:
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2013, 06:34:43 PM »
Mine are demanding theirs as I type  :shades:

Wow you are the winner at 6.25pm  :005: :o

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2013, 06:39:48 PM »
I know this sounds strange, but I wish Jinley was like that - at least you would know there is a problem if they are off their food!!

I put Jinleys minced beef down at 5 and she hasnt started on it yet.  It doesnt bother her if I take it up (I have tried)  >:(

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2013, 06:48:43 PM »
No, they know if they mither they don't get :police: Carrying on and mithering me for dinner hours before it was due would drive me nuts but the main reason I don't let them do it is because if they started trying to wake me at stupid o'clock in the morning for their breakfast I'd have to kill them :lol2: They're very good though, they get dinner at about 6-6.30 and breakfast about 8.30 on weekdays and anything between 8 and 11 at weekends (unless they're going out working in the shooting season) but despite both Tilly and Caoimhe in particular being utter gannets they don't hassle me for it. I only have Ro here just now as the girls are still on holiday and to be fair he's by far the least foody of the 3 of them, but he hasn't had his dinner yet and he's laid beside me on the sofa totally unbothered.

Walks are a totally different matter though, we have all manner of pointed stares and expectant sitting by the door when they think they're due to go out and charging, spinning and jumping around when I start putting my shoes on, but as they don't whinge or bark I can live with that!
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2013, 06:51:45 PM »
I know this sounds strange, but I wish Jinley was like that - at least you would know there is a problem if they are off their food!!

I put Jinleys minced beef down at 5 and she hasnt started on it yet.  It doesnt bother her if I take it up (I have tried)  >:(

It used to drive me mad at times - Brodie would walk up to her food, give it a sniff and walk off in disgust >:D. It is good to see her not only eat her food, but seem to enjoy it these days.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2013, 07:00:06 PM »
I think a lot of the pestering stems from a regular feeding time,well in my case it does  :005:

She doesn't wake me in the morning for breakfast,but from 4pm onwards she is a staring statue,who shadows my every move.
From 4.30 onward every time i stand up she bounces up and down,squeals a little and runs to the kitchen and when i ignore her she sits softly "hoo hooing".
On occasion if i go past 5pm she will come and actually paw me which i do find funny but i tell her to go away and she lays down huffing.

They will all think it's xmas come early when the clocks go back  :lol2:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.