Author Topic: Your the one for me, fatty  (Read 1603 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Your the one for me, fatty
« on: December 12, 2013, 08:58:47 AM »

So after 2 months this little boy is finally gaining some weight. Harry was 10.2kg when I switched him onto Arden Grange Premium recomended feeding was 170gr a day, clearly not enough for this active lad. He currently gets 2 x 100gr of kibble, one raw chicken wing at lunch time approx 70gr, about 6 Arden Grange treats, they're quite big as well,  plenty of gravy bones. His weight has steadily increased to a whopping 11.4kg and he finally looks like I am not starving him and poos are rock hard.  Still plenty to go though, I think his ideal weight will be 12kg-12.5kg.

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Your the one for me, fatty
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2013, 09:20:44 AM »
Excellent!  Some just burn it off, same as people i think - different metabolism...  My 10 month old worker is on simpsons sensitive (AG didn't agree with him for whatever reason).  He's only just changed over to the adult one.  But gets about 250g of that (split over 3 meals - small lunch) + mince/ chick wing/ pilchards/ egg with dinner + nature diet stuffed kong + JW treats/ kibble for training.  And he's by no means porky. 
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2013, 09:24:08 AM »
He's lookin' good  :D
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Jane57

• Donator
  • Riley
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2013, 09:28:32 AM »
Looking good Harry, I do remember reading that they filled out muscle wise between 18 months-2 years , definately noticed that with Riley who is 14.5kg .

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2013, 09:32:10 AM »

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2013, 09:34:35 AM »
He looks good and they do bulk out as they get older but some are just naturally leaner than others. Caoimhe was like this, I used to call her Teflon Ribs because nothing stuck to them :005: She's nearly 5 now and has had puppies but she is still very lean; she has next to no body fat at all but she is quite heavy because she's solid muscle - she's only 14" to the shoulder but weighs 14kg. Rodaidh is 16.5" and also very muscular but weighs 13kg. She needs a lot more food than most dogs of her size and always has done though, when she was trialling she was obviously on a lot more and now in the working season between the two of them they're clearing away 240g of kibble in the morning and either 7 chicken wings (Caoimhe x4, Ro x3), 2 blocks of tripe and 2 eggs, 2.5 packs of NatureDiet, 5 tins of sardines and 2 eggs or a portioned pheasant or rabbit carcass in the evening, plus a lot of treats during the day. Tilly is bigger and heavier than both of them but on much much less food.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline linda c

« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2013, 11:15:16 AM »
Looking good to me, much say I prefer a slim dog to a dog carrying more weight, but some just don't seem to put it on. Must say though although mine  looked slim most of it was muscle so didn't worry too much what they actually weighed.  :D

Offline jonnytrabant

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2013, 03:38:13 PM »
clearing away 240g of kibble in the morning and either 7 chicken wings (Caoimhe x4, Ro x3), 2 blocks of tripe and 2 eggs, 2.5 packs of NatureDiet, 5 tins of sardines and 2 eggs or a portioned pheasant or rabbit carcass in the evening, plus a lot of treats during the day. Tilly is bigger and heavier than both of them but on much much less food.

Wow.

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2013, 05:00:19 PM »
He looks good and they do bulk out as they get older but some are just naturally leaner than others. Caoimhe was like this, I used to call her Teflon Ribs because nothing stuck to them :005: She's nearly 5 now and has had puppies but she is still very lean; she has next to no body fat at all but she is quite heavy because she's solid muscle - she's only 14" to the shoulder but weighs 14kg. Rodaidh is 16.5" and also very muscular but weighs 13kg. She needs a lot more food than most dogs of her size and always has done though, when she was trialling she was obviously on a lot more and now in the working season between the two of them they're clearing away 240g of kibble in the morning and either 7 chicken wings (Caoimhe x4, Ro x3), 2 blocks of tripe and 2 eggs, 2.5 packs of NatureDiet, 5 tins of sardines and 2 eggs or a portioned pheasant or rabbit carcass in the evening, plus a lot of treats during the day. Tilly is bigger and heavier than both of them but on much much less food.

Crikey that is a lot of food.

Got me worried now whether or not I am starving Fudge.  He is 16 months old and was weighed at the vets yesterday and came in at 15.9 with his harness on. There is nothing of him and he is solid muscle and no fat.  He gets a lot of exercise and is always hungry.  He is fed 250g of Eden per day, some training treats and a small amount of fish or chicken with each meal.  

We are giving him more than the recommended Eden guide too!

Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2013, 10:08:13 PM »
Yeah, they cost me a fortune to feed :lol2: They're both naturally lean dogs and are in working condition now though, they get about 3 hours of exercise every day and are out beating/picking up either 1 or 2 full days every week; we're out tomorrow and Saturday this week. They need a bit less in the off season.

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2013, 10:55:03 PM »
Yeah, they cost me a fortune to feed :lol2: They're both naturally lean dogs and are in working condition now though, they get about 3 hours of exercise every day and are out beating/picking up either 1 or 2 full days every week; we're out tomorrow and Saturday this week. They need a bit less in the off season.
Cracking dogs though Nicola and a credit to you - saw the pictures of them in an earlier thread.
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2013, 11:01:34 PM »
Cracking dogs though Nicola and a credit to you - saw the pictures of them in an earlier thread.

Ah thank you, they are fantastic but I'm very biased!

Offline Biddy

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »
So pleased that Harry is gaining weight and that you have found a food that suits him.
He looks great, looks like he is having fun on the beach too.
 :blink: