Author Topic: Food for neutered dogs  (Read 1045 times)

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
Food for neutered dogs
« on: April 24, 2014, 11:22:06 PM »
I got a email from one of the pet suppliers advertising food for the above I know you are some times advised to cut there food down and use weight management but never heard of this It seems a coincidence I had just had Penny spayed and get this email Has any one received it .I think it was Medi--
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Food for neutered dogs
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 12:05:42 AM »
I got a email from one of the pet suppliers advertising food for the above I know you are some times advised to cut there food down and use weight management but never heard of this It seems a coincidence I had just had Penny spayed and get this email Has any one received it .I think it was Medi--

Was it from here..or similar. Just wondered as our vet sell Royal Canin and maybe yours does too? Strange otherwise how they 'guessed' about the spaying time  :shades:

http://www.vetmedsdirect.co.uk/royal-canin-vet-care-nutrition-canine-neutered-adult-large-dog-12kg/
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 06:24:11 AM »
Yes I think it was it does not really say what difference the food is only less calories as normal weight control one does I may put her on the weight management one she has now as this one suits her
Penny Black Jennys niece

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 08:06:57 AM »
Whenever I've had a castrated male and an entire one at the same time they've both been fed the same food and I've never had any problems with weight management. If one of them starts to look a bit chubby or a bit skinny I adjust the quantity of their food slightly. I honestly think it's all about finding the food that suits your dog and don't believe there's anything special about all these breed specific foods, weight control foods etc. that warrants the extra money that manufacturers and vets charge for them.

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 07:43:02 PM »
Thank yes that is what. I think Penny has been on this food 4years with a little fish added or Natures diet and is fine tummy wise so would not change to this specific food just wondered if it was a new food I will have her weighed at next swim and adjust accordingly. She runs with the grandchildren and even a little run with the dogs at last Col meeting other wise she just plods and sniffs
Penny Black Jennys niece