Author Topic: Which wet food?  (Read 4399 times)

Offline Redmoonrider

Re: Which wet food?
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2015, 03:46:20 PM »
many thanks Mudmagnets.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2015, 05:39:13 PM »
There's also Lilly's Kitchen of course. I've just seen they've bought out a new wet food for dogs who have been poorly.

http://www.lilyskitchen.co.uk/recovery-recipe

Offline Redmoonrider

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2015, 06:16:18 PM »
Yes we saw that this afternoon, it looks really lovely! Brilliant packaging and labelling.

Quite expensive though especially for two dogs.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2015, 07:13:22 PM »
Yes we saw that this afternoon, it looks really lovely! Brilliant packaging and labelling.

Quite expensive though especially for two dogs.

Yes, I agree. I quite often see it in Tesco and think ooh, maybe I'll just try a tin as a treat but I have to remind myself I couldn't afford it if a certain Mr A. decided that nothing else would do!

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2015, 07:26:18 PM »
Before being raw fed, Mollie had Wainwrights Grain free wet trays and their kibble (mixed together).

She did very well on it.

Offline Rolo12

« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2015, 11:27:46 PM »
We used to feed Nature diet until they changed cooking methods and now we are also on forthglade complete which seems to go down well. We order online from Berriwood who are very good. I sent the last lot of Naturediet back and they gave me forthglade as an alternative at the same price even though it's more expensive. Id be interested to hear options on the berriwood own wet food trays if anyone's tried them?
Caz :)

Offline maxineh

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2015, 08:52:16 PM »
Poppy had tummy problems in her first year. After trying a few different brands I have stuck to wainwrights grain free. No more tummy problems  :D. She also has grain free Canagan as well.  It's so difficult deciding what to try . unfortunately poppy was a little minx and quite often refused food as she liked the chicken and rice she had when her tummy was poorly,

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2015, 09:45:26 PM »
We used to feed Nature diet until they changed cooking methods and now we are also on forthglade complete which seems to go down well. We order online from Berriwood who are very good. I sent the last lot of Naturediet back and they gave me forthglade as an alternative at the same price even though it's more expensive. Id be interested to hear options on the berriwood own wet food trays if anyone's tried them?

If you look closely at the Berriewood website (link attached) you will see it looks like  Berriewood food is actually made by Lovejoys. I have not tried Berriewood but did buy Forthglades for Minstrel from there, until recently when I had a bad experience with their packaging (damaged boxes etc.)

http://www.berriewoodwholesale.co.uk/det/7476/Berriewood-Complete-Menu-Ocean-Fish-with-Rice-Veg-Tray-10x395-10-EXTRA-FREE/

It may be worth checking the food info on the Berriewood contact page.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Redmoonrider

« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2015, 01:38:24 PM »
many thanks!  We have been feeding Burns wet food this last week, but runny poos are cropping up most days. Sometimes his poo is ok, soft but perfectly formed ( ;) )  but at others, it is quite loose.

Despairing!  He is slightly underweight too for a ten month old - so really we would like something to feed him up with but would also be kind to his tum!  I know that if we keep changing the food though it ends up in a vicious circle - and the poo will continue to be loose. 

Don't really want to go on to dry food, we would prefer to keep on wet food, perhaps with some mixer but we had to stop the Burns mixer just in case that was making him loose.  Obviously it wasn't... because he still is!

I will look at the Berriewood website, thanks.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2015, 05:29:21 PM »
Maybe there's another underlying cause rather than it being a food issue? Could he have started secondary teething? I know that teething can cause loose poos, not sure about secondary teething though? Has your vet checked a poo sample just in case? There could be a bug lurking that isn't clearing on its own. Hope you get to the bottom of things.

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2015, 06:42:09 PM »
many thanks!  We have been feeding Burns wet food this last week, but runny poos are cropping up most days. Sometimes his poo is ok, soft but perfectly formed ( ;) )  but at others, it is quite loose.

Despairing!  He is slightly underweight too for a ten month old - so really we would like something to feed him up with but would also be kind to his tum!  I know that if we keep changing the food though it ends up in a vicious circle - and the poo will continue to be loose. 

Don't really want to go on to dry food, we would prefer to keep on wet food, perhaps with some mixer but we had to stop the Burns mixer just in case that was making him loose.  Obviously it wasn't... because he still is!

I will look at the Berriewood website, thanks.

It really is a minefield isn't it - I am in the process of changing puppy Branston to Nature's Harvest Puppy, from Royal Canin dry food (what he came with) and so far so good, sometimes his poos can be a bit looser , but there are other things that get in the way of his mouth - however hard I try to be vigilant - like Minstrel poo,  :020: - but sometimes his loose poo is down to pure excitement and exercise & teething, so unless it becomes a real problem, think I will persevere
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2015, 06:41:16 PM »
Just wondering if anyone has tried this?

http://www.naturopetfoods.com/products/wet-dog-food

They sell a few of the flavours in tesco but the multi packs are better value and free delivery on orders over £29. As Archie needs to loose some weight I ordered the sample of the lite one. He's on wainwrights lite at the moment but that is turkey flavour and unfortunately turkey makes him hyper for some reason, so this might be an alternative. He's had a bit for his supper and liked it.  Just waiting to see if his tummy accepts it!  :shades:
There are grain free options as well. It seems to contain bone like nature diet does so it might be something to consider if for those who aren't getting on with the new ND.