Author Topic: Orijen or Arden Grange  (Read 1555 times)

Offline Hayley1989

Orijen or Arden Grange
« on: April 06, 2008, 12:43:40 AM »
Hi, my first proper question for you!!

A couple of months ago i found out about orijen and was set on feeding this food as it sounds great. I have done a search on this site and found that some of you wanted to try it but hadn't at the time. So, has anyone tried it yet???

I would be hoping to feed Ruby this from when she is 10 weeks old (currently on JWB). Will the high protien content be alright for her? Is it a different type of high protien to what makes a puppy hyper??

Reading about high protien in puppy food has confused me so i am now considering just feeding Arden Grange instead as i can get this from a pet shop in town. The price doesn't bother me as i've worked out that because of orijen's smaller portion sizes Arden Grange is only a tiny bit cheaper per daily amount.

We're picking her up in 6 days, so need to make up my mind soon!  :D

Hayley

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: Orijen or Arden Grange
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2008, 01:06:40 AM »
My three are on Arden Grange Premium (they have some raw food as well but the bulk of their diet is AG) and I find it very good, by far the best dry food I've had them on. BUT if I could get it for the same price then I would have them on Orijen, ingredients wise it is the best dry food I've looked at and I was impressed with the sample of it I ordered from Zooplus. However to feed my three on it all the time would just work out too expensive, for the variety I would put them on it's nearly £50 for 13.5kg and my lot would go through that in less than 2 weeks. If I only had one dog it would be fine though and I would definitely use it.
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Spaniel Ears

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2008, 12:52:56 PM »
I have recently switched Roxy from JWB to Arden Grange, as JWB just didn't seem to suit her.  I liked the fact that Arden Grange was made from good ingredients and was British.  Value wise I find it cheaper than JWB, as I am feeding less of the AG.  But not all foods suit all dogs.

Offline Hayley1989

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 03:12:45 PM »
It's good to know they're both good foods. I have decided to try Orijen first and if this doesn't suit Ruby then i can easily get hold of some AG.

Thanks
Hayley