Author Topic: Yoghurt????  (Read 1910 times)

Offline Dakota Rose

Yoghurt????
« on: June 12, 2008, 11:06:41 PM »
Help!!!!! Floopy has got the taste of Natural Yoghurt is this okay to give him in moderation? At the moment he's running around with the pot stuck on his nose :005:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
Re: Yoghurt????
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 11:16:53 PM »
Yes it will do him good, mine love yoghurt.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 11:20:31 PM »

Yup - Honey regularly has a frozen yoghurt cube in her Kong.....  ;)
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Eve

• Donator
    • www.yvonnehughes.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 11:53:45 PM »
Live youghurt on their food can kill nasty bacteria in their poor tummys.

Offline Dakota Rose

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 11:57:59 PM »
Cheers Guys for the help. I did think it would be okay since its natural, but thought I would ask anyway. Maybe if I start giving him it on a regular basis it'll kill his desire for chocolate. :005: He doesnt get any at all but it doesnt stop him mooching for it. :shades:

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2008, 11:35:21 AM »
Live youghurt on their food can kill nasty bacteria in their poor tummys.

Nt sure about that, but live yogurt definitely help to keep the good bacteria in the gut alive and well, in dogs and humans.

Offline KellyS

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2008, 03:27:41 PM »
Mine love the Yeomans Natural Yogurt :D
Kelly & the Keladity Klan

Visit our website
www.keladitycockers.co.uk
Dogs laugh but they laugh with their tails! - Max Eastman

Offline nic_h

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 09:37:18 PM »
I always give Zack the empty yoghurt pot... I like seeing him come back to me with yoghurt all over his face :005:
Nic, Zack and Mali xx

Offline nickycnc

• Site Member
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
Mine loves yoghurt mixed with tinned tuna, stuffed into the kong's, then frozen...keeps her entertained for a good 1/2 hour ;)
Mum to 2 girls, Darcy & Charley

Offline Dakota Rose

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2008, 02:04:24 AM »
Mine loves yoghurt mixed with tinned tuna, stuffed into the kong's, then frozen...keeps her entertained for a good 1/2 hour ;)

Yuck, that sounds revolting :005:

I keep trying him with all sorts of different things that can be used as treats the latest being Grapes, which he will eat, as long as I squish them first:005: We also gave him a bone from spare ribs we had made, and he absolutely devoured it, which was unusual coz we've tried him with bones before and he wasnt interested. So if any of you guys have any other tasty ideas we can try out please let me know.

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2008, 05:59:11 AM »
I keep trying him with all sorts of different things that can be used as treats the latest being Grapes, which he will eat, as long as I squish them first:005: We also gave him a bone from spare ribs we had made, and he absolutely devoured it, which was unusual coz we've tried him with bones before and he wasnt interested. So if any of you guys have any other tasty ideas we can try out please let me know.

Eek!  :o I don't want to worry you, but grapes can be very toxic to dogs - perhaps you could find something else to tempt him?
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_publicationsgrapes

I don't want to sound like a party-pooper, but cooked bones aren't good either - they can splinter and cause damage to a dogs digestive tract  :-\
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline cazza

• Site Member
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2008, 06:25:36 AM »

My lot love this too - altho best they eat it outside or on lino etc - my lot are a messy bunch  :005:

Eek!  :o I don't want to worry you, but grapes can be very toxic to dogs - perhaps you could find something else to tempt him?
http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=pro_apcc_publicationsgrapes

I don't want to sound like a party-pooper, but cooked bones aren't good either - they can splinter and cause damage to a dogs digestive tract  :-\

Please take note and don't feed grapes or cooked bones

If you haven't got a kong I would recommend you get one as you can stuff them with loads of good treats that keep them entertained for ages  :D

Offline Dakota Rose

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2008, 10:24:23 AM »
 :o :o :o
Off to the pet store today then. No more grapes or cooked bones for the Floopster, will he ever forgive me. ::)