Author Topic: Intermittant sickness, what should I feed him?  (Read 989 times)

Offline Sprinkles

Intermittant sickness, what should I feed him?
« on: January 18, 2010, 11:42:38 AM »
Sorry to be so detailed but Brody was sick after breakfast yesterday morning and I noticed bile type sick on the grass yesterday too! He was fine all day and we fed him tea and evening meal as normal. This morning there was a small amount of digested sick in the kitchen and he was heaving as I went in! I don't really know what to do with poorly dogs so fed him half his breakfast after a bit and have since bought fish portions and probiotic yogurt because I remember it being mentioned on here. (didn't have time to check before school run and weekly shop!) What should I feed him at his next meal? He seems fine in himself and his poo's are normal (sorry again!) He's been eating all sorts of nasty stuff over the fields but I can't get any of it off him when I see things hanging from his mouth.  >:( It was a dead mouse yesterday which may account for the 2nd lot of sickness!  :huh:

If you guys recommend the fish, how much should I use. I have bought the frozen rectangle size!!
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Intermittant sickness, what should I feed him?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2010, 12:55:26 PM »
Sorry to be so detailed but Brody was sick after breakfast yesterday morning and I noticed bile type sick on the grass yesterday too! He was fine all day and we fed him tea and evening meal as normal. This morning there was a small amount of digested sick in the kitchen and he was heaving as I went in! I don't really know what to do with poorly dogs so fed him half his breakfast after a bit and have since bought fish portions and probiotic yogurt because I remember it being mentioned on here. (didn't have time to check before school run and weekly shop!) What should I feed him at his next meal? He seems fine in himself and his poo's are normal (sorry again!) He's been eating all sorts of nasty stuff over the fields but I can't get any of it off him when I see things hanging from his mouth.  >:( It was a dead mouse yesterday which may account for the 2nd lot of sickness!  :huh:

If you guys recommend the fish, how much should I use. I have bought the frozen rectangle size!!

When I feed fish to mine it is usually a small fillet portion, either steamed or boiled. I usually feed it with a small portion of rice, but I believe boiled potato is an option too. I usually get the cheap frozen fillets from tesco - but i expect other shops do them too. HTH.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline harleys mum

• Site Member
  • Harley & Rio....butter wouldn't melt!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2010, 01:19:51 PM »
Harley sometimes brings up bile - it just seems something he does occasionally but we dont worry about it if everything else is OK.  Dead mouse tho?  ph34r  Not very surprised he was sick after that.

If sickness is any more than that I miss a meal and then feed rice with a couple of table spoons of fish or chicken mixed in and keep an eye on progress, if that stays down then I revert to normal kibble.
Lu

Offline Karma

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:26:54 PM »

Early morning bile is quite common - can be helped by a bedtime biscuit...

Being sick immediately after eating can sometimes imply that they have eaten too quickly...  ;)
Remembering Honey. Aug 2007-July 2020

Offline Sprinkles

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:29:16 PM »
Thank you everyone!
X
Jo slave to the Cocker! ;)