Author Topic: Would change of flavour make any difference?  (Read 918 times)

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
Would change of flavour make any difference?
« on: April 30, 2012, 05:23:51 PM »
*big sigh*  ph34r Ok having now found a food that suits Freya (finally) JWB turkey and rice, since Ellie has moved over to it from the Arden Grange I had left we have anal gland issues  :-\ She was fine before but now has that lovely fishy thing going on (sorry  ph34r ) So, I have started to add wheat bran to her food in an attempt to help, with no effect so far. SO, my question is would changing over to JWB lamb or duck make any difference to Ellie do we think? That way Freya is likely is likely to be ok on it and I don't risk upsetting my little black princess with a total food change again (there aren't many left!!!)

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
Re: Would change of flavour make any difference?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 07:34:36 PM »
Oh Danni I had trouble with JWB with phoebe and mia >:( they were both on the turkey and rice for a while then they started with the diawotsits ph34r so I changed flavours to the duck one they were fine on that BUT only for a wee while ph34r, it seems like they liked JWB but it didn't like them >:( so I had to change brands altogether, they are now on The natural dog food that you buy on line, Sorry if I haven't been any help but you never know :luv: I also heard that JWB are changing the recipe to there food I don't know if there's any truth to it though??  Dianne phoebe and mia x x x 

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 07:40:14 PM »
Oh Danni I had trouble with JWB with phoebe and mia >:( they were both on the turkey and rice for a while then they started with the diawotsits ph34r so I changed flavours to the duck one they were fine on that BUT only for a wee while ph34r, it seems like they liked JWB but it didn't like them >:( so I had to change brands altogether, they are now on The natural dog food that you buy on line, Sorry if I haven't been any help but you never know :luv: I also heard that JWB are changing the recipe to there food I don't know if there's any truth to it though??  Dianne phoebe and mia x x x 

Thats a great help thankyou. I would have prefered to stick to JWB for Freya as it suits her well, but want to avoid having to buy two different sacks. Will look at the alternatives again  >:(

Offline max2011

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 08:29:17 PM »
We tried Max with several diferent foods as he had an upset tummy with them all. Finally tried JWB turkey and rice and had a happy puppy. I think it was the chicken in the other foods that upset his tummy so I now avoid all chicken. I have since tried Max with lamb and fish flavours both of which he is fine with. But in terms of Ellie I think that other than the meat/fish content the rest of the ingredients are pretty much the same so not sure it'll make much of a difference for her anal glands. I used to add bran to Maxs food when he was on the chicken based foods in the hope that it would help bung him up a bit. The nurse at the vets said that it would act as a laxative so not really help - not sure if that is true or not.

Offline Danni and Freya

• Freya
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 08:50:56 PM »
We tried Max with several diferent foods as he had an upset tummy with them all. Finally tried JWB turkey and rice and had a happy puppy. I think it was the chicken in the other foods that upset his tummy so I now avoid all chicken. I have since tried Max with lamb and fish flavours both of which he is fine with. But in terms of Ellie I think that other than the meat/fish content the rest of the ingredients are pretty much the same so not sure it'll make much of a difference for her anal glands. I used to add bran to Maxs food when he was on the chicken based foods in the hope that it would help bung him up a bit. The nurse at the vets said that it would act as a laxative so not really help - not sure if that is true or not.

Hmm yeah I can't say i've seen the benefit from the bran, at times shes a little looser than normal, I wondered if I was adding too much  :huh: I was thinking the same with the flavour change, the bulk of the ingredients will be the same won't they. I have been looking at trying Autarky next as its one of the only we haven't tried  >:( After that its back to Burns in the hope that now Freya isn't growing it may be ok for her. Autarky first though since reading through some old posts