Author Topic: 'Raw To Go' has anyone used this company  (Read 2548 times)

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
'Raw To Go' has anyone used this company
« on: July 28, 2012, 08:36:37 PM »
http://rawtogo.co.uk/default.htm

Hi All,

I've been looking at some other raw meat providers and wondered if anyone had tried this company. Their minces are 80% meat, 10% bone and 10% offal. Not sure about the quality and looks a lot cheaper than Natural Instinct.

Thanks, Jacqui

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
Re: 'Raw To Go' has anyone used this company
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2012, 11:08:12 PM »
Hi
That is considerably cheaper, but is not complete like Natural Instinct is. They seem to be increasing their prices quite a bit though at the moment.

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 08:17:39 AM »
Hi
That is considerably cheaper, but is not complete like Natural Instinct is. They seem to be increasing their prices quite a bit though at the moment.

Is it not complete? I know that Natural Instinct add veg into their mix but thought that veg and fruit weren't essential? I would however have added some fruit and veg myself and supplemented with sardines and salmon oil. I've also been looking at http://www.nurturingbynature.co.uk/ who are a little more expensive.

It is all so confusing that perhaps I will stay with Natural Instinct. I was perhaps hoping that I could find an equally good quality raw feed for a little less  ;)

Mum also to Basil - Black show type DOB 31/03/2000 and Eddie - Brown and white sable Papillon DOB 01/01/2011

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2012, 09:02:53 AM »
Raw to go minces are mostly 'complete' and has a good ratio of meat, bone and offal. They have some minces (choice chunks, fish and tripe, which don't have bone)
Natural Instinct, depending on the variety is not complete as it doesn't contain offal.

Raw to go doesn't include veg, but you can easily add your own a few times a week if you choose too. It's worth mentioning too that some dogs don't need a lot of offal, like humans some don't like it nor in fact tolerate it well (getting diawotsits)

The mince supplied by RtG is supplied to them from durham animal feeds - they have their own website you can google.

In terms of quality, well it isn't as pretty looking or prettily packaged as NI. I have been a bit disappointed with some of the mince as some of it can be quite mushy (venison, rabbit, chicken). However this doesn't stop my 3 wolfing it down twice a day!

The mince comes in plastic bags with just a letter written on to signify what's in it - so it can be a bit more messy defrosting (I use an old NI tub!  :lol: )

Ordering and delivery is very easy, you have to email your order via the website, and then you'll get sent an invoice to pay via PayPal, delivery is great as you can ask for a specific day and the lady is usually very accommodating.

I've had 2 orders so far. At the moment I'm looking for some alternatives as I'm not always happy that the meat content of the food is as I'd like it - for example I found chicken leg skin in the last chicken pack I defrosted - don't get me wrong they mince up a whole chicken pretty much, but I was shocked to see it and it put me off a bit!
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2012, 09:09:26 AM »
Ooh I wonder if durham animal feeds sell direct, they are fairly local. I'm a little put off raw as its quite expensive compared to his normal foods
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2012, 09:11:55 AM »
Ooh I wonder if durham animal feeds sell direct, they are fairly local. I'm a little put off raw as its quite expensive compared to his normal foods

I believe they do Emma - also there's several contacts for the in the distributors doc on that Facebook group :)

http://www.daf-petfood.co.uk/wb/
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2012, 09:43:36 AM »
Have a look at landywoods website I have been using them for the past eighteen months and have had no problems.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2012, 09:58:38 AM »
I use Natural Instinct and also Nurturing By Nature (30 minutes drive from home so I email an order and pick it up from their shop). I also buy frozen chicken livers and frozen lamb hearts from a supermarket and feed those.

Louis and William love the chicken carcasses from Nurturing By Nature. They have enough meat left on them to make it a fairly well balanced meat and bone meal and it's satisfying for them to have a meal that they have to work at and doesn't disappear in a few seconds!

Offline jmanagh

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2012, 10:48:22 AM »
I use Natural Instinct and also Nurturing By Nature (30 minutes drive from home so I email an order and pick it up from their shop). I also buy frozen chicken livers and frozen lamb hearts from a supermarket and feed those.

Louis and William love the chicken carcasses from Nurturing By Nature. They have enough meat left on them to make it a fairly well balanced meat and bone meal and it's satisfying for them to have a meal that they have to work at and doesn't disappear in a few seconds!

I've decided to stay with Natural Instinct for now. The boys love it and seem to be thriving on it  :luv: They also have a fab offer on this month on the working chicken and hubby has bought me a small chest freezer for the garage. I am going to order another 4 boxes (12 kg a box) which should keep me going for a while.

Thanks, Jacqui

Offline LurcherGirl

• Site Member
    • Wagging Tails Dog Training
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2012, 10:16:23 AM »
Have used R2G for a good year now and they are great. No problems with the meat, prompt delivery and excellent customer service. Can highly recommend them.

My American cocker is allergic to loads of stuff so gets pretty much raw meat only and is doing well on the R2G stuff.
Vera Marney
BSc (Hons) Canine Behaviour and Training, APDT UK
www.wtdt.co.uk and www.wtdt-eastanglia.co.uk

Offline Anita D

• Dog Walker Cheltenham & Tewkesbury
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2013, 11:57:08 AM »
I am very interested in Raw to Go. I like the fact that in terms of meat, bone, offal it's balanced. Then you can add veg, oils supplements as you want. I like to change the dogs veg through the seasons and so foods such as Natural Instinct don't appeal to me because the veg is always the same all year round.

I find mine need their minces with bone content otherwise their stools are too loose.  ph34r . Also they only get on with small amounts of offal for the same reason and it's not an option to exclude nutritionally IMO.

I've emailed them yesterday with a few questions and already have had a very helpful reply and so think I'll place an order with them and see how we go.  ;)
Dog Walker in Cheltenham & Tewkesbury.  Owned by Paddy & Fergus

Offline mitzy ditzy

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2013, 04:33:09 PM »
I have used DAF and raw2go are distributors for DAF.  I prefer manifold valley meats I think they slightly more expensive than DAF but not by much.

Information about raw meat supplies is pinned on this board

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=97551.0

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2013, 05:04:48 PM »
I have used DAF and raw2go are distributors for DAF.  I prefer manifold valley meats I think they slightly more expensive than DAF but not by much.

Information about raw meat supplies is pinned on this board

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=97551.0

I've heard this before but it doesn't say so on their website.  A similarly named company, Raw to Paw, is a distributer of DAF. :dunno:
I think their (raw2go) sample box looks very good value. I considered them when I was thinking about raw for Archie.

Offline mitzy ditzy

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2013, 06:00:22 PM »
I'm sure raw2go sell daf.   I would maybe ask raw to go if they are selling daf and if all the packs are individually labelled as a ordered a similar selection pack from daf and nothing was labelled.  I'm not saying daf/raw2go are bad but manifolds seems better quality.  I think other companies are at least twice the price because they are packaged better than manifolds and daf. 

Offline dipsydoodlenoodle

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2013, 07:30:19 PM »
 I've found mvm  to be quite  fatty,  we use DAF,  my fusspot  refused to touch mvm.
My beautiful little boy Charlie :)