Author Topic: Positive thoughts for Jazz  (Read 2961 times)

Offline Londongirl

• Donator
Re: Positive thoughts for Jazz
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2016, 12:38:45 PM »
Poor boy. Hope he's more comfortable now.
Rachael (me) and Henry (him)

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2016, 05:07:25 PM »
How is Jazz today? Hopefully recovering from the anaesthetic nicely and not feeling too sore :D

William's had a few lumps removed in the last year or so. One was known to be fatty but was growing fast and was in his groin and starting to interfere with his waterworks, so it had to go. Loads of stitches but a quick recovery. The most worrying was one that suddenly appeared next to his tail. A needle biopsy showed spindle cells, which can be nasty or not, so a decision was made to remove it. Histology of the lump showed nothing nasty fortunately.

Fingers crossed that Jazz's lump will also be a harmless one xx

Thanks Elaine, that's reassuring.  He is more himself today but a little quiet.  I'm keeping a very close eye on him as I think the wound is starting to irritate a little and I don't want him licking at it.  I'm trying to avoid the dreaded lampshade collar as long as possible as it makes him so miserable.

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts for my boy.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2016, 06:11:26 PM »
How is Jazz today? Hopefully recovering from the anaesthetic nicely and not feeling too sore :D

William's had a few lumps removed in the last year or so. One was known to be fatty but was growing fast and was in his groin and starting to interfere with his waterworks, so it had to go. Loads of stitches but a quick recovery. The most worrying was one that suddenly appeared next to his tail. A needle biopsy showed spindle cells, which can be nasty or not, so a decision was made to remove it. Histology of the lump showed nothing nasty fortunately.

Fingers crossed that Jazz's lump will also be a harmless one xx

Thanks Elaine, that's reassuring.  He is more himself today but a little quiet.  I'm keeping a very close eye on him as I think the wound is starting to irritate a little and I don't want him licking at it.  I'm trying to avoid the dreaded lampshade collar as long as possible as it makes him so miserable.

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts for my boy.

I think the stitches start to pull and irritate as the wound starts to heal.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #18 on: August 23, 2016, 06:16:17 PM »
When William had the lump removed in his groin area I bought some 18-24 month baby sleepsuits from Sainsbury's for him. The legs and arms needed a bit of scissoring to get them the right length. He wore the sleepsuit with the poppers along his back, so back to front basically. I left  it on him at night and if I was out, had to take it off when he needed a pee of course! But it worked really well and didn't irritate his wound. Might be worth a try for Jazz?

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2016, 09:12:42 PM »
That sounds like a good idea Elaine, it could be interesting getting the sleepsuit on Jazz but definitely more comfortable than the cone of shame.  Thanks for the suggestion.

Offline Liz F

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2016, 09:21:23 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Hope Jazz is feeling better, Diesel has had numerous lumps removed - they have all came back as fatty lumps which have grown back and he now has loads.  I too used cut baby grows worked a treat, kept Diesel off the stitches but Olli kept biting and the baby grow  >:D
Positive thoughts for good results  :luv:

Liz, Olli & Diesel xx

Offline PennyB

« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2016, 09:09:25 AM »
Pleased this bit is all over

Interestingly I paid more for my cone at vets but bought a clear one with velcro fastening and it works so much better than the usual cones they give you that are opaque - such a difference recently when Stella had a large fatty lump removed (it was growing into the muscle) and the cone she came home with depressed her - bought another clear one and she was fine (same with Bosley last year as the eye clinic hand the clear ones out as a matter of course) - mine wouldn't get on with the babygros so that was a no no
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!