Author Topic: My dogs were attacked  (Read 1722 times)

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
My dogs were attacked
« on: August 13, 2014, 04:01:45 PM »
My two were attacked by a boxer last night on our way back from the evening walk.
If I normally see this late 30 something thug and his dog, which is never on the leader I walk the other way but last night his brute was off and running on the road just before the entrance to the lane towards my house.
Both Dolly and Silkie were on their leaders but that did not stop the brute from causing havoc, made sure that I was always in the way stopping it having access to my girls.
I would normally have applied my foot to keep them off but did not want to antagonize the situation, although from what was to  happen a few minutes later really should have.
As the thug passed me I said quite politely that his dog should be on the leader.
Next thing he'd followed me into my lane and I was head butted.
No real damage done but as I'm still recovering after having major surgery to a snapped quadriceps tendon in my left leg felt it best not to continue the incident .
I called the police and awaited an officer arriving.
Waited until 00:30 last night no arrival.
Finally had a call from the local sergeant this morning saying he'd send across an officer to take down my statement after I get home this evening. 
I know they'll give the thug a warning and tell him to keep the dog on a leader but will it make any difference - NO.

David
Dolly & Silkie

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Re: Re: My dog was attacked
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2014, 04:58:39 PM »
David, that's utterly shocking. I am glad you and your girls are mostly OK.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2014, 09:29:37 PM »
David, that's utterly shocking. I am glad you and your girls are mostly OK.

It is indeed shocking and I am also glad you and the girls are alright.  The same thing happened to my OH when he was walking Ellie along the canal.  A boxer, who was with a middle aged couple, attacked her and when he tried to push the boxer off Ellie the male half of the couple attacked OH bruising him badly, thankfully, even though he was holding Ellie, he managed to push him away. The female half then had a go at OH and when he put his arm up to fend her off and stop her hitting him she fell over.  She then said she was going to ring the police and report him for attacking her, so OH walked off.  He was very upset when he got home and I took photographs of all the bruises on his back for when the police came, but 2 years on they have not turned up yet!  Nor thankfully have we ever seen the boxer or its owners again, so hopefully they were in the area on their holidays on a canal boat.

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2014, 10:40:54 AM »
Update.
Still awaiting visit from police to take my statement as the local officers were involved in sorting out a RTA in the next village for most of last night.
An officer did telephone at 21:50 last night as I was going up to bed to ask if I was still available if they came down in the next hour, I said, "no going to bed as I'd awaited late into the night previous and was exhausted".
Expecting a visit after 18:00 tonight.

I had Kim with me last night when we were taking the girls out for the evening walk to act as a witness if required and on the way back did come across the thug but this time on seeing us he put the dog onto a leader at least 100m before we passed.
He did allow the dog to lunge forward towards the girls again but I managed to put myself in the way.
Believe it or not he also had his wife and two young daughters in tow. What an example for them to see.
David

Dolly & Silkie

Offline mcinnd

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 09:26:45 AM »
I had a visit from one of the local community officers last night who took my staement regarding the incident.
I did say to the officer that all I really wanted him to do was give the thug a talking to regarding his actions, dog not under control and anger management.
As I had the thug's vehicle registration the officer was able to identify his address and promptly after seeing me went around to visit.

30mins later the officer re-appeared at my door after having spoken to the thug and informed me he'd given him a warning and that should further incidents occur the matter will be dealt with more formally.
I'll wait and see now if this has made any difference but at least his card has been marked by my local community police.

David
Dolly & Silkie

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: My dogs were attacked
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2014, 11:42:03 AM »
Good to see that your local police have warned the man. Also good that he put his dog back on lead when he saw you yesterday.

It was a horrible, shocking incident for you and your dogs, but perhaps the man has at least learned a bit of a lesson and will be more careful with his dog and stop being aggressive with people from now on.

Offline Lottielove

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2014, 11:47:01 AM »
I'm sorry what a horrible thing to have happened. Hopefully it will have brought home to him how serious matters could be taken.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2014, 12:21:51 PM »
What a shocking experience for you :-\. I really hope the man takes the warning seriously and controls his dog (and himself) in future.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2014, 12:25:17 PM »
What is the world coming to - he head butts you and all he gets is a warning?  I know that there were probably no witnesses etc but I would be so angry.

What sort of an example is he setting to his family?  The world is full of complete idiots like this unfortunately.  I wonder what he would be like if the big boys picked on him?

I hope you are coming back to a bit of normality and that you and the dogs are ok.  Here's hoping he behaves himself from now on.
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline twiceover2

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
How awful. I hope the man heeds his warning.

Offline lescef

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2014, 08:43:28 PM »
How dreadful. Let's hope the warning will teach him a lesson. I sometimes think these people really believe they can get away with this threatening behaviour and won't be reported -so good for you.
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2014, 08:50:55 PM »
I hope you and your girls will be safe on future walks and that the idiot thug gets his just rewards one day soon when he does the same to someone bigger and harder than himself. Karma usually works. Hope you are OK xxxx

Offline theshrew

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2014, 10:26:07 PM »
Hope you and the dogs are ok. Nothing worse than one of your dogs being attacked.

He sounds like a right plank. Typical Police do sod all about something like this then give you a fine for doing 3mph over the limit. Go figure.

My ex and I used to have a Boxer really well trained and a very soft loving dog but we could never let her off the lead she hated other dogs big or small it just wasn't worth the risk.

If people just used a bit of common while walking there dogs we wouldn't see so many threads like this. Some people are total idiots. 

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2014, 08:54:03 AM »
So sorry to hear you got  hurt as well - really hope you don't see him again.....
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 11:56:54 AM »
Absolutely disgusted to read this.

I am sick to death of these thugs doing their damage, and walking off free.  I don't know what this world is coming to when we are afraid to walk with our dogs because of potential confrontation.

I hope you are feeling better by now.
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx