Author Topic: Nervous 'wee'?  (Read 365 times)

Offline Welsh cocker

• Wilma
Nervous 'wee'?
« on: April 19, 2014, 03:07:24 PM »
Hi all, some of you may remember me posting some issues I was having with Wilma being nervous of other people and dogs. Well after following your helpful tips over past 2 months she has improved no end. She has no issues with dogs now (much to the detriment of her recall at times  :005:) and she will approach people.

However, if a stranger bends to stroke her, she will still take the submissive position showing her belly and will 'wee' a tiny amount. I'm assuming this is 'fear'?
This can happen both in or out the house, and whereas before I would ask people to not stroke her (as advised on here to build her confidence), she does give a bit of a mixed message to them now, by bounding over to sniff them with her tail wagging  >:(
She is 6 months old now. She does not wee when dogs approach or when a familiar person strokes her. She only does it on touch too...not if someone bends over her to grab her ball etc. is this something they grow out of? Should I respond to it in any particular way? We ignore it currently.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Nervous 'wee'?
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 04:05:02 PM »
It sounds like she's still not quite at that threshold of being able to feel relaxed about being touched or leaned over by strangers. If she was mine I would still ask strangers not to stroke her.

But you've made great progress with her confidence, so well done :D