Author Topic: OSCAR !  (Read 507 times)

Offline Richantsmith86

OSCAR !
« on: April 19, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Hi guys,

Oscar is now 19 months and beginning to settle down (!). I've attached a couple of photos in the gallery!

Two on-going issues however and I would really appreciate some advice:

1. Re-call - Fine, other than in familiar areas where he will tend to ignore you and in some cases trot off out of site.
Sniffing the grass appears more appealing than treats! He's fine with other dogs and will just walk on by. But he's still very much in control. If I take him some place that isn't so well known to him, his recall is pretty much spot on.

2. Visitors - The sound of the doorbell is greeted with uncontrollable excitement, barking, and we have to put him on a short lead or take him outside/upstairs with any visitors. We've tried ignoring him when we first arrive home (very difficult however as his bum waggles from side to side!), but this is an issue. He just gets too excited and will jump up at people which is a major issue, particularly with people who are not so confident or just don't care for dogs.

3. Interaction with cats - This isn't such a major issue but we've had to put in a safety gate to separate Oscar and the cat! Has anybody else had this issue and seen any improvements in relationships.

We have a behaviourist visiting on Wednesday to help us out with issue 1 and 2!!

Many thanks!

Offline *MaryG*

• Donator
Re: OSCAR !
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2014, 05:51:27 PM »
we have tried so much on number three and the cat and dog still do not get on. we also have a stair gate, the compromise seems to work. good luck with your behaviourist.