Author Topic: My beautiful ‘Roxy’ has gone to the bridge🌈  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Claire83

• Site Member
My beautiful ‘Roxy’ has gone to the bridge🌈
« on: October 03, 2019, 08:17:57 PM »
Absolutely devastated posting this. I haven’t been on here for a few years, since she was diagnosed with Hepatopothy (aka liver disease). Tuesday evening was a normal night right up until we were in bed when Roxy had the most almighty seizure. It was terrifying her eyes were flickering her head thrown back, body rigid & shaking. it was awful, we rushed her to the emergency vet who straightaway put her on a drip to try and flush the toxins out of her system. She was sick a number of times  and could barely acknowledge we were there. My poor poor girl...... we had to make the most devastating and heartbreaking decision to let her go......I’m broken..... I just can’t put into words how much of a hole she has left in my heart and my home. We knew we were on borrowed time 3 years ago when she was originally diagnosed and completely surpassed all expectations including that of the RVC and our own vet.
We had one last mini holiday in Cornwall this last weekend the sun shone and she was happy.

We have chosen to have her cremated at Dignity in Hampshire and we’re going to collect her ashes next Wednesday.

COL provided us with a forum to share our love, joy and experience amongst a wonderful bunch of like minded people.

I know that some of our COL fur friends are at the bridge like ‘ClaireP4’s Bella and ‘Mactavishboys’ George. We had some great meets didn’t we. I’m sure she’s chasing pigeons and snuffling everything her nose can reach. Cockers simply do leave that paw print on your heart.
Thank you beautiful girl for giving your dad and I 12 years and 109 days of pure happiness, even when you were raiding the bin, scratching doors and stealing underwear. I love you beyond words, I’ll miss your forever wagging bum particularly at Dinnertime and when I open the door from work, or you licking my leg when I get out of the shower and walking up the garden to inspect the veg. Roxy from the minute our eyes met you were my best friend. I miss you so much!! Xxx
The cocker spaniel.........It will leave paw prints on your heart which will remain with you, Forever!
'Roxy' (Stellenbosch Demeter)14.06.07-01.10.19 - Forever loved & missed. xoxo
'Milo' (Laurellakes Viktor Rolf) 01.12.2020-